Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowflaken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 03:36 PM
    "Need some guidance in regards to taking care of a 2nd degree burn" (Leg and foot)
    I spilled very hot coffee down my left leg, into my shoe ~ about 72 hours ago. I went to the emergency room, as much of my skin (from the upper shin down to the top of my foot) peeled right off when I rushed to get my shoe and sock off. Anyway, I have been applying generous amounts of "Silver sulfadiazine" to the entire area in the morning... followed by wrapping it up with non-adhesive pads and bandage rolls. I've been changing the dressing every 24 hours.

Today's day three, and it's noticeably more painful to walk today ~ than yesterday. There's no infection "Thank goodness"... It just hurts like heck to put any pressure on it.

** Would it be all right if I remove the dressing at this point? And, let the wound be exposed to the air for a few hours? Or is this too risky this early in the game?

"Thank you so much"

Nate
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 5, 2010, 03:55 PM

What did they say in the emergency room as far as treatment goes. From what I just read the silver sulfadiazine is not a recommended treatment.

Ref:
    Silver sulfadiazine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 5, 2010, 04:51 PM

It is a very common item used for treatment of burns, I have used it dozens of times myself.

But I would guess they also said to follow up with your personal doctor, esp if there were concerns?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do men say "I can't say I love you" or "I can't show you I do care"? [ 7 Answers ]

I am seeing a guy who is 39 and I am 30. He has been in and out of many relationships- even married but didn't love her and divorced. We have been together for 7 months and I do care greatly about him and even almost slipped out "i love you', when I asked him how he would have felt if I said it, he...

What kind of spider lives in NC Mountains and is 1" body, 3" leg span? [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of spider is this? Black, 1" body, 3" leg span, NC mountains.

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

View more questions Search