Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChCkRoC456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 03:07 PM
    When can I take my baby and leave my parents house
    Ok I'm 16 years old and have a 5 month old baby... my parents are trying to control everything I do they won't let me raise my kid they are trying to take over... when can I legally move out so I can raise my baby myself with the help of the daddy??
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Dec 19, 2006, 05:00 PM
    You are still a child in the eyes of the law and your parents but, if, you want to leave home get a lawyer. And ask your parents for an advance from your allowance to pay for the lawyer. So, you can petition the courts for an emancipation.

You do understand what the word emancipation is? Which means you will have to prove to a judge that you are capable of living on your own and supporting the child.

Oh, by the way where is daddy? Does daddy have a job that pays at least 35,000.00 dollars a year (that for starters)? Does daddy l at home with mommy and daddy?
    Sweet young beautiful mother you are 16 years of age and have no job and is not mature enough to understand that you are too young to be caring for a child. Your parents are giving you a life so take the time out and spend it on being a child.

Do not worry about growing up so fast. Do young lady finish high school and do consider higher education. Until, then your parents are angels. So, love them for supporting you and the child.

Oh, by the way it is wonderful that your parents are willing to take on the responsibility for the care and keeping of your and the baby father's child, for now. Count your blessings.
    babygirl16364 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 08:03 AM
    I'm 16 years old I have a 5 month old baby. I want to know how I can leave my parents house? My mother is always hitting me and telling me what I can do with my baby.She won't let me or the baby see her father. What do I do?

My parents won't help me!
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Mar 21, 2009, 01:54 PM
    You can leave when ever you are ready...

By ready I mean...

Place to live $500 per month
    Food $300 per month (family of three)
    Car expenses (insurance, gas etc): $400 per month (insurance is espensive for teens).
    Car payment (or car expenses if you drive a beat up-however paid for clunker: $200
    Telephone: $50 per month
    Babies expenses: $500 per month
    Health insurance: $500 per month (family plan)

Total: $2450 per month.

Hope daddy is a hard worker... Note I didn't include expenses such as cable, or cell phones, those are a luxury you can't afford right now...

Does your situation suck? I'm sure it does. But you now learning the number 1 lesson of life, YOU are responsible for the actions YOU make. How many threads on this board pertain to teens having sex before marriage...
    I now have a thread to reference next to I happen up on one...

This is your cross to bear now...
    jcompton1272 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 11:38 PM

You should be very thankfull for your parents because if you are 16 and have a 5 month old child then you are obviously not mature enough to make good choices for yourself so how are you going to make good choices for your baby!! You teenagers are in such a hurry to get out on your own because you are not mature enough to realize that life is very hard and by being in such a hurry your immaturity shows people will be telling you what to do your whole life so get use to it
    duein9days Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 10:37 AM
    I'm 17 and is due in9 days. My parents think they have control over me and my baby. They don't. Me and the farther just want to be a family and they are making it so hard. They are doing eveything in my power to make it hard for us. They just want to see me suffer and don't want the best for the baby. Luckily ill be 18 soon but there is no way to move out until you are 18. I have tried. Just wait it out and do your best to follow the rules whether you want to or not. In there eyes there just trying to protect you. Its especailly hard when they don't get along with your boyfriend[ farther of child] at all
    Synnzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 10:46 PM
    When I was 16 years old and my parents tried to control me and tell me I couldn't have my child I went to the courts and asked for their help and they did help me. My parents couldn't do anything nor could they take my child. I moved out and lived with a roommate and did well. I am sure that anyone could do that if they had the will power and the responsibility to do the same.. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do anything especially your parents depending upon what role they are playing. There are parents that truly want to help their child and then there are others that just want to control the child and not let them think for themselves. You need to obtain your independence and be responsible because believe me just because you are a parent it doesn't make you responsible or able to care for your child. If you are great if not take all the help you can get but sit down and have a talk with your parents and explain to them how you feel and that you want to be able to try to make your own decisions but thank them for wanting to help you while you are still going back to school and working.. It takes a lot of raise children.. Please take my advice for all teenage kids because its not always easy.
    loveseverything Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2011, 07:59 PM
    I honestly think that if you really want to move out then do it but remember it is a big responsibility to take care of a kid and live on your own as well as going to school,working,not to mention day care wich is like $2-300 weekly or monthly plus you got food, insurance, rent, car payment, utilitys, and clothes for your kid. It is a big responsibility but if you really believe that you can handle it then go ahead by all means but I honestly think that you should stay with your parents and appreciate what they are doing for you because one day when you really need there help they won't be there so please just sit and think about it for a while and I just turned 14 and I am 5 weeks pregnant and I appreciate all that my grandmother is doing for me and I am keeping my child and I appreciate the fact that she is letting me keep it I am thankful for all that she has done for me and I pay her back every day just to show her how much I love and appreciate all that she has done so just think about what you are about to do you're about to have a life changing moment as well am I so I wish all of luck... gracias por escucha me adios amigos

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My house guest won't leave [ 3 Answers ]

I invited my friend of 10 + years and her daughter to move in with me while she find a job and a house (she was evicted from her apartment). A year + later, she still at my house without no job. I asked her to leave 7 months ago, and she still has not moved out. I just sent her a certified letter...

How can I tell my parents ? [ 7 Answers ]

Can any 1 help me I'm so scared and nervous to tell my parents I want to sing but I don't no how I'm scared they won't like my voice or they don't take me seriously can any 1 help ? Please

Parents right to force minor to give baby for adoption [ 59 Answers ]

My 14 year old doughter is pregnant and wants to keep baby. Me and my wife are 110% against this, do we have the right to force her to give this baby up for adaoption or does she being a minor have the right to keep this baby.

Responsibility of parents if a minor has a baby [ 3 Answers ]

My sisters husband 15 year old daughter is pregnant. Her mother has kicked her our of the house and does not know where she living. Wil it be her fathers responsibility to take care of this baby because she is a minor?

The stray cat under my house won't leave [ 5 Answers ]

I had some work done to my house recently and one of the contracters left the side entrance that goes underneath my house open. I now have a cat under there that refuses to leave. We re-opened the side entrance and even the small vent under the house to give him/her the opportunity to get out but...

View more questions Search