Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GR8DAD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 10:47 AM
    How do I tighten the blade belt on my Craftsman 42
    The blades on my Craftsman 42 " Lawn Mower will not engage when I move the lever upward as usual. I feel like the problem is with one of the pulleys on the mower deck but do not know exactly what I should be looking for. Can anyone help?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 02:26 AM

Hi,
    The most common problem with tese machines is that the shoulder spacer that serves as the pivot for the tension ider of that belt seizes because of corrosion. Remove the bolt and clean(sand) the spacer, and do not wash the deck.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman LT1000 blade belt replacement [ 1 Answers ]

The LT1000 blade overheated and broke, probably from grass accumulation. I purchased a 42" Craftsman belt to replace it, but I cannot located the procedure to get the belt back on all the pulleys... HELP PLEASE

The belt ( that turns the blade)on my craftsman 42' keeps comeing off [ 0 Answers ]

The belt (that turns the blade) on my Craftsman 42" keeps coming off when I cut for a while. What is wrong?

Craftsman tractor lawnmower;blade belt replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to get the belt around the brackets that hold the deck

Craftsman Yard Tractor - Blade Belt Tension Spring [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Please help me, I do not have the owner's manual, I have tried to go to sears.com and can not get the model tab to work. Question: Where does the spring mount to on each end, for the belt tension pulley, for the blade belt? The model # is 917.255820, 44" deck, 16 HP Thanks in advance.

Craftsman lawn tractor blade belt replacement [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, how do I get the belt onto the pulleys? Is there something I need to do with the deck? This is a craftsman 14hp lawn tractor model #917-255694. Is there a website that I can download the picture or instructions from a manual? I am having trouble trying to figure out how to get the belt...

View more questions Search