Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgutirrez Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 02:29 PM
    Calculating Interest Rates
    Say I have a loan for $196,000.00 it is a 30 year fixed rate and my monthly payment is $1522.66. What is my interest rate? PS this is not for homework, I am just trying to figure out how you would calculate to find the answer. I don't need the answer just maybe an explanation on how to go about finding out the answer
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2006, 02:37 PM
    Those calculations are not the type that can easily be done on paper... so here's an amortization calculator for just that:
    http://ray.met.fsu.edu/~bret/amortize.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating Overhead Rates [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I can't figure out how to calculate overhead rates when overhead is not giving. Here is my Question: X Company has the following estimated costs for the year: Direct materials $58,400 Factory supplies $20,200 Direct labor $23,800 Indirect labor $28,200 Selling and Administration...

Calculating interest rates [ 3 Answers ]

find the interest rate of the following combinations of present and future values: Present value years future values $400 11 $684 $183 4 $249 $300 7 $300

Calculate interest rates [ 1 Answers ]

find the interest rate of the following combinations: Present value years future values $400 11 $684 $183 4 $249 $300 7 $300

Yields, exchange rates and interest rates [ 1 Answers ]

When interest rates falls, then bond prices rise and yields fall. However, when the exchange rate falls, investors demand less bonds, price of bond falls and yields rise. So what happens in an environment of falling interest rates and depreciating exchange rate- the 2 are opposing consequences-...

Comparing interest rates [ 1 Answers ]

CaptianForest, how did you come up with 8.6 semiannually is better. Per the question: Semiannually 8.6; pv = 100; pmt = 0; FV = 100 with my calculation Annual 8.4; pv = 100; pmt = 0 ; FV = 100

View more questions Search