Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariemacintyre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 08:58 AM
    How long can the parvol virus stay in dogs system before it shows signs of the virus
    Can the parvol virus stay in your dog for 5 weeks or so before it becomes sick. I bought a dog from a breeder and when I phone her to tell her my dog was sick and asked her if any of hers were sick, she told me no. By Saturday (3 days Later) she had cleared all those puppies from her house. She put an add the paper and sold them at half price. This makes me wonder if the dog can carry the virus for a while before it becomes sick.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 5, 2010, 09:14 AM

It's usually with in a few days of coming in contact with the virus that the symptoms start to appear. Has your dog been to the vet? If not, and you are planning a visit, call a head and inform the vet that you suspect your puppy may have come in contact with the disease. Make sure to bring your pup in a carrier.

Here are some things to look for:

* Lethargic. If your dog normally likes to play and has high energy, this is the clearest sign that something is wrong. You could say they act depressed.
    * Lack of Appetite. The more common strains attack the digestive system.
    * Vomiting with no change in diet. It usually looks clear and foamy.
    * Bloody Diarrhea.
    * Stronger Feces Odor. It’s unmistakable and you will never forget it.

The vomiting and diarrhea are the most dangerous, as they can quickly lead to dehydration and malnutrition. This leads to other problems that eventually compound on top of each other to finally kill the dog. And fast.

Please make plans to get your dog vaccinated as soon as possible.
    pj73tn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 04:23 PM
    What are the symptoms of parvolvirus?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 07:04 AM
    * Lethargic. If your dog normally likes to play and has high energy, this is the clearest sign that something is wrong. You could say they act depressed.
    * Lack of Appetite. The more common strains attack the digestive system.
    * Vomiting with no change in diet. It usually looks clear and foamy.
    * Bloody Diarrhea.
    * Stronger Feces Odor. Its unmistakable and you will never forget it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a person bring parvo virus to my dogs on their shoes/clothes? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has a dog who just fought through parvo. My question is if she could bring the virus to my dogs on her clothing or shoes, and if she can, how long before it is safe for her to come to my house without infecting my puppy? I went to her house once, and when I came home, I washed the...

Virus not detected by anti virus [ 5 Answers ]

I have an anti virus or spyware program loaded on my computer but I know I still have things on my computer causing problems. My computer is "thinking" when nothing is running and several programs and certainly the internet are slow and sometimes just lock up at random times. What can I do or where...

Very long period, heavy and shows no signs of stopping [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently taking the contraceptive pill, Cerazette, that only contains Progestrogen, and have been since January of '07. I have had a few periods whilst on this, but only when I've missed pills, or been quite late taking one, however on this occasion I haven't missed any or been late at all....

VIRUS in my system [ 3 Answers ]

How to remove w32.Silly.FDC virus?? Help me

Parvo virus in dogs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is Darlene and here is my story. I just lost my 10month old great dane to parvo he was hospitalized for 3 days before he passed I miss him terrible he passed on jan 21. My husband has just bought me a new great dane pup 8 weeks old I get him in a few weeks he has started his shots.I...

View more questions Search