Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 01:55 PM

I would like to apologize for questioning you.

You see, several years ago I became quite close to a gal on this site. One dark and stormy night her and her 5 year old daughter were in their car and were instantly killed in a horrific one-car accident. Those of us who were here at the time grieved heavily for this girl and her child. We were taking up money and trying to send flowers only to find out, a week later, that it was all a hoax and both mother and child were indeed fine.

Not long after that was the story that Scott PM'd you about. Again, I had become close friends with that person, again to find out it was a hoax.

Many of us here become fast friends. When we are hit with stories that I have shared with you, we hurt too. Then come to find out that we have been played a fool.

Unfortunately, because not only these two incidences, but others as well, we have learned to put up our guards and begin to question what may be, in your case, the truth.

I'm sure I speak for most everyone here in saying that we are genuinely sorry for questioning you. However, you can see, from the story above as well as the one Scott sent you, why we become skeptical when situations like these occur.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 02:18 PM

I'm sure I speak for most everyone here in saying that we are genuinely sorry for questioning you. However, you can see, from the story above as well as the one Scott sent you, why we become skeptical when situations like these occur.
    Exactly.

PP, try to put yourself in our shoes. I know it's not easy, and I know that it's asking a lot, but truly, we don't mean to hurt you, we mean to protect ourselves.

As harsh as that may seem, it's the nature of the internet. Trust is not something that is easily obtained on the net, especially once you've given it to someone that abused that trust. After that everyone is suspect. I wish it weren't so, but it is.

I know that our words aren't making you feel better, you still feel judged, and that's understandable. I know I would be upset if I posted something and my words weren't believed. But, having been here for a few years, I would understand that trust is not something a lot of people can give to people they don't really know. I would understand. I hope you can.
    Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 02:20 PM

I would also like to say that I do understand where you are coming from. When my father passed I took solace in AMHD. It was where I could hide from my grief and where there was a bit of normalcy in my life... however abnormal some of the questions are, LOL.

So I do understand why you are here answering questions in your time of grief.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 9, 2010, 03:26 PM

I think I can say something that may help you, Marianne. Let me put it to you this way. If we didn't care about you, if we didn't want to be there for you, if we didn't want to have you belong in our little community we wouldn't even be bothering. We are saying these things to you because we do want to care and we don want to be there for you and we do want you to be a part of us. We just have to be cautious about it, we done that before and been hurt by it, so its become harder for us to give unquestioningly. But, if we didn't care we would have wrote you off long ago.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 03:55 PM

I want to say something, but I honestly have no words! And that's an occurrence that is few and far between! I am sorry for this PP, I really, really am. I hope you understand.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 9, 2010, 03:55 PM
    Ive again read through this thread and the posts within it, and I would like to say Im sorry if I reacted negatively to some of the posts here.

I do understand why you would be sceptical and I shall very shortly supply scottgem with something to verify my claim, it will be something on official paper of an official standing.

I thank those of you who have supplied myself with explanations of why you would be wary of taking everything at face value and I guess my confusion with the date and putting the names differently could give rise to some doubts perhaps, I don't wish to be unreasonable and indeed when scottgem originally PMd me about this I didn't hesitate to say I would be happy to comply with his request, which I will carry through as already stated above.

At this time Im still really quite confused and somewhat maybe in denial or disbelief, its very hard to take in and even harder to accept that Ill never see the man I had worshipped and adored since the first day I ever set eyes on him has gone forever, we were inseparable we lived our lives around and for one another, perhaps that wasn't such a good idea thinking about it now, but that's what we did, we didn't want it any other way.

Im totally unsure of how Im going to get used to the idea and I really dread the future, where once I had a rock of a Man to protect me and my sons there's no one just a huge void a gaping great hole, and I just don't have a clue where to turn, what to do, or how Im going to cope alone, silly little things like how to reset the burglar alarm are terrifying me.

Ive never felt so helpless or vulnerable in my entire life, and even I thought I was tough until this.

However this is to let you know I do understand I do see your points of view, and I will supply something to scottgem, all I ask is please allow me time to do this, it won't be long it'll be within say 21 days Max, but it will be done.

Thank You Again
    Marianne & Sons Stephen and Adrian.
    Expert

Aug 9, 2010, 07:59 PM

Marianne, I have edited your font as it is hard for some people to read. Please use the default font from here forward.

To further what I was saying...

Our curiosity was picqued when his name went from Alex to Andrew to Andre. Then, to top it off, you posted his handsome picture, but then deleted it when we questioned the picture.

When my father died I posted his picture, but did not delete it. We all just wondered why you deleted the pic Marianne.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 9, 2010, 09:28 PM
    J_9
    Ive no idea where the Alex came from but Ive never ever referred to anyone by the name of Alex, you can go check any post Ive ever put on here, and you won't find any mention of any Alex from myself. I also rarely shortened my Husbands name so if he had been named Alex I would have referred to him as Alexander which would be the full version of that name.

Andrew yes and Andre because they're one and the same, ones English the others not, and I have already mentioned in a post a few pages back, it also states the same on the other thread condolences that my Husbands birth names were Andre Stefan and in English they equate to Andrew Stephen, however the names Andre and Andrew are basically the same name, his mother always called him Andre Stefan I almost always called him Andrew he had friends who called him Andy so does that mean something is false, they're all variations of the one name no more no less.

I withdrew the photo because I was never happy with him being classed as a model yes he had done some modelling, but that photo was not from that time, it was taken in approx 2003 as you may have noticed his expression is hardly that of a model he looks slightly pee`d off, if anything because he was running late but had to wait for the lift, making him impatient, however its one of my fave photos of him, it was taken by a member of his staff at the time, if it were a modelling photo Im sure the quality would have been much superior and more clear for a start.

I just felt ill at ease, because I know how fanatical he was about his photos being posted online or his identity being made known, he was very much a private individual. Only a select few ever got to know much about him I would say only one of those was an online contact, that being my cousin.

I also believe the attire he had on was actually from saville row not dolce&gabana, high quality yes but designer label no. I shall repost the photo on the other thread not this one though because its open.

Again I hope what's here clears this matter up for those who felt it required an explanation.

pp
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2010, 05:30 PM

PP has been banned from AMHD. She did send me an official document as evidence of her story. That document proved to be an amateur forgery. Several facts on that document were unverifiable and others were proven false. We will not be played in this manner. For that reason she has been banned.

I'm sure this comes as no surprise to some of you and a shock to others. I have to say that PP was given every opportunity to prove she could be a valued member of this site. She did make a significant contribution while she was here. But that is way overshadowed by her playing on our sympathies and emotions with a phony story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have 3 year old son hi don't walk and don't talk [ 4 Answers ]

I have 3 years old son. He doesn’t walk and talk either. He can spell only AAAAA, BBBBB, and OOOOAAOOA. He can sit almost all day long with no problem, and can grab things near. I went to many different doctors (neurologist, psychologist, podiatrist, orthopedist. Muscle test, and still same answer:...

I don't want to father some other man's kid but I don't want to leave my girlfriend [ 24 Answers ]

Me and my girl have been dating for five weeks, and yesterday she found out that she is pregnant, I am 18 the father is 17 and she is 16, she can't have the kid, I can't be a father this soon I want to be one but just not now, she can't throw away her future, and the father no matter how bad this...

If you ask someone to leave your property and they don't and you touch them why don't [ 11 Answers ]

She came to my home and started accusing me of something that a phone call if made ,would have proved my innocence.. but instead of finding out first as she was moving her things out of my storage she insisted on calling me a thief and a lier.. I asked her to leave told her to come back with the...

View more questions Search