Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renaperkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 07:20 AM
    Dyt 4000 craftsman pto clutch remove
    I'm trying to replace the pto clutch on my Craftsman DYT 4000. I can't get the bolt to move without moving the crankshaft as well... the mower's front wheels are in the air right now, so if I put it on ramps to work on it instead, will that keep the engine from moving? If not, how can I loosen this bolt? Thanks!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 07:27 AM

There is actually a trick that can be used in this situation if you have no means of wedgeing something somewhere like you would for a law mower blade.

Here is the trick. Stuff a rag into the spark plug hole. You should not need much. Use a rag that won't tear easy. The piston will hit against the rag.

Impact wrenches work too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman DYT 4000 [ 2 Answers ]

Oil spits out of fuel pump screen

Craftsman dyt 4000... [ 1 Answers ]

My craftsman dyt 4000 with briggs and strattin 18.5 hp engine sputtered and stalled yesterday... I can get it to start but has no power and backfires till it stalls 30 seconds later... any ideas.. carb maybe hopefully... oil has been changed along with spark plug.fuel filter and air filter...

Craftsman dyt 4000 will not stay running [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 24hp briggs and stratton intek engine, model 445677 type 0413 e1. I rebuilt the carb, changed out the plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, checked the gas cap for venting, fuel lines are clear and no leaks. The machine was running good then died out while mowing. It would only start with the...

Craftsman DYT 4000 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am using a Craftsman DYT 4000, I was cutting the lawn and suddenly the blade stopped, so I go to pull the red button up, the button which is on the right side, came off, now is this a emergency trip of some sort or the button is broken off, can I glue it back in or not.. thanks, otherwise...

View more questions Search