Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tambekelly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 06:58 AM
    Can I give out my baby for adoption when the father does not know?
    Can I give out my baby for adoption when the father does not know?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 07:00 AM

The Court will ask for the ID of the father and you will be asked to swear that you have told the truth.

The father has to also give consent.

Why don't you want the father to know?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2010, 11:29 AM

Legally? No.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 05:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    Legally? No.

Steve, I'm somewhat concerned by the phrasing here. Are you suggesting there's an illegal way to do this (adopt)?

I think it's just a matter of wording because not notifying and getting the consent of the father is fraudulent and both the baby and adoptive parents could suffer terribly as a result.
    TKW0003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Aug 8, 2010, 08:59 PM

Well if you swear before the judge that you are not sure who the father is then they cannot ask him for his consent, however if word gets around that you had a baby and the guy knows it's his then that's just a legal mess and you're in trouble. If you tell the truth and name the father then he has to give his consent. So... it's your call and I hope you make the right choice. I'm adopted myself (long story) and children deserve the best you can give them, even if it means letting someone else give it to them =)
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2010, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Steve, I'm somewhat concerned by the phrasing here. Are you suggesting there's an illegal way to do this (adopt)?

I think it's just a matter of wording because not notifying and getting the consent of the father is fraudulent and both the baby and adoptive parents could suffer terribly as a result.
    Of course there is. It involves at least one felony though (perjury). It would not be the first time in history that someone has gone to the judge and sworn, under oath, that she didn't know who the bio father was (one night random hookup plea) when the mother knew full well who it was. I was witness to this exact thing (friend of bio-dad) and the adoption was eventually overturned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother of my baby wants to give it up for adoption [ 21 Answers ]

My ex got pregnant and originally said I could keep the kid and everything would be fine. Now she is trying to give it up for adoption. I want my kid, is there anything I can do about this? I have saved texts I can print out and use in court saying she doesn't want to raise the kid, one saying I...

I want to give up my baby for adoption [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have 2 kids.im pragnet with our third but we can't afford to raise another baby.so what do we have to do to give it up.

My sons girlfriends parents want her to give baby up for adoption [ 28 Answers ]

My son is 17 years old. His girlfriend is 15. Her parents want her to give the baby up for adoption when it is born. We want to raise the baby. Can anyone tell us what our his legal rights are? Her parents will not return our phone calls and she is 4 months pregnant and they haven't taken her to a...

Parents right to force minor to give baby for adoption [ 59 Answers ]

My 14 year old doughter is pregnant and wants to keep baby. Me and my wife are 110% against this, do we have the right to force her to give this baby up for adaoption or does she being a minor have the right to keep this baby.

Can My Mother Make Me Give My Baby Up For Adoption? [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I am a 14 year old girl. I am think about getting pregnant to stay with my boyfriend when he goes to jail.. but that's not the reason I want to get pregnant, that's only 5% of it. I want to get pregnant because I love babies I want to be a mother I am pretty much on my own all of the time my...

View more questions Search