Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romil09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 06:50 AM
    Desktop Background problem with OS: Windows 7
    I'am not able to change my desktop background to any picture or windows 7's default aero themes.In brief, whenever I try to change themes from personalization option, icon type, top & bottom panes all sounds do take effect of new theme but the desktop background remains the same black solid color. Moreover, I can choose different solid colors e.g. white, blue, green etc, as my desktop background but unable to select any pictures or wallpapers instead. Could anyone please suggest me a solution to this problem?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 5, 2010, 06:52 AM
    Once you have changed your theme you need to SAVE it.

Aug 5, 2010, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Once you have changed your theme you need to SAVE it.
    I always save the changes, mate but it doesn't work. I guess it's more serious than that.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 07:10 AM
    Is this a computer on a corporate network? It's possible you have an assigned profile that's part of a group policy.

Aug 5, 2010, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Is this a computer on a corporate network? It's possible you have an assigned profile that's part of a group policy.
    No, it's my personal laptop and used solely my me. Does this have anything to do with Microsoft predefined policies? If so than what could I do to make it work?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On boot up,desktop doesn't always appear just background. [ 1 Answers ]

When booting up my desktop soes'nt always open properly,i.e. the background does but without the icons and quick launch bar.sometimes I need to boot up a couple of times before all is as it should be.I run winXP.sorry if this has been answered before,and thanks in advance. Bill.

Desktop background... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I want to ask about desktop every time I tried to used a gif movie desktop background my text icon inserted into a box I wan't that box to disappear... how am I suppose to do that... :confused:

View more questions Search