Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Aug 5, 2010, 09:10 PM

Alty, I am all out of greenies, but you took the words right out of my mouth. I refrained from posting on this thread, only because I would have totally lost my cool. Your behaviors are un acceptable In my opinion. This dog obviously is suffering from separation anxiety, and is lonely and depressed because it's owners are gone. And well, you aren't being very nice to the poor thing. I know how you feel, I went through the same situation when my dogs were puppies. But guess what? That's the joys of owning/caring for a puppy. My dog ate a leather couch and a brand new pair of heels. Guess who's fault it was? Mine for leaving the shoes around, and mine for not properly supervising my PUPPY who didn't know any better.

Muddy, I am sorry, but you chose to watch this puppy, now you have to live with that decision. Would you act this way if you yourself got a puppy?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2010, 07:19 AM

Oh well it's over, the lady got her parents to come over and get it. They too agreed that it was a destructive animal and the dad even told me "I hate this dog so much, why else do you think she had to get someone else to watch it, we didn't want to do this! At least it's only till Saturday, any longer I would shoot it and bury it in my yard". He also told me that dog is NOT 1 year old or whatever the owner told me it was, it's actually 2 1/2 years old. I have no idea why she would like about her dog's age. :confused:

And it's not like I said oh here dog run around my house. She was gated in a separate room and then bam I'd come home after work with a wonderful surprise.

The last two days I had enough with literally her sh!t. I took it out for walks and nothing happened. You make it seem like I hated it from the beginning. I didn't I was happy to have a dog around the house, what set me off was when she urinated all over my couch.

I don't know about you guys, but I work hard for the stuff that I buy and I don't enjoy when a dog doesn't obey and is constantly defecating on the things I've worked hard for.

Maybe you Alty are okay with washing off a mattress but I'm not. You have to realize I don't have a man around the house to lug a heavy mattress out of the house and wash it.. oh I can hear now the whole you don't need a man to do that but well that's just my opinion. Even if I had lugged my matress out and washed it I would never feel comfortable sleeping on it ever again.

Eitherway demon dog is gone and I feel 100% better.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2010, 05:56 AM

Sorry, Alty, but I don't agree - if my dog or my child did this kind of damage, I would offer to minimally split the cost. "Mud" did say she was out of line getting physical with the dog and throwing it outside. Yes, the dog certainly should have been supervised better and after the first incident would have been behind a babygate (in my house).

As far as the owner is concerned this is why a responsible person brings a sitter into HER house instead of shipping the dog OUT. That's what I do - my dogs would be lonely, confused and, more importantly, I have big dogs and they would make every attempt to "escape" and find me.

Without seeing the damage I can't tell what could or could not be salvaged/cleaned/whatever.

Yes, it's sad (terribly sad) for the dog and for the sitter and probably for the owner.

I think you are blaming one of the victims (the dog being the other victim).

I've been in places in my life where I really needed some extra money and I would have also signed up to watch the Demon Dog, never thinking how bad it could get.

Just sayin'.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 11:16 AM

Judy, I have to spread the rep.

I do see your point, and yes, the owner should have had someone come to her home to puppysit. That's also what we do, because the dogs are more comfortable in their own home. They're already upset that we're leaving, transplanting them to a new home just makes it twice as bad.

I saw the part were Muddy said she wanted to murder the dog, and got physical with the dog, and I saw red. I was imagining Chewy (my beagle) in that situation and reacted as an owner.

I do apologize for being harsh Muddy. I've puppysat for many people, and they do bring their dogs to my place because I can't go to theirs. The difference is that I've had dogs all my life, so I know what to expect. Also, the fact that I have dogs in my home usually makes the transition easier for the dogs I'm watching.

Hopefully the owner will pay for part of the damages. I still don't think you had to throw out the mattress. I've had puppies pee and poo on mine, as well as kids. You don't have to move the mattress at all, you just need to scrub, then use water and vinegar, let it soak in then wet vac it up and let it dry. The coffee table I do think should be replaced.

I guess this was a learning experience. You should be dog free. ;)

Again I apologize for being harsh. I should have calmed down before posting. My bad. Human here.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2010, 08:02 AM

It's all good Alty I still ♥ you.

Anywhozzils. It's all over, well kind of she has not come by YET to pay me and has been ignoring my calls and emails.

Oh well lesson learned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had no lease.I moved out and now the owner is trying to get me to pay him. [ 1 Answers ]

I lived in a "friends" apartment complex (4 units) in Minnesota for about 2 years. I asked the owner to transfer the electric bill into my name, after months of not receiving it. It was attached to his so he was paying it... he paid for like 10 months, and over that 10 months I repetely tried to...

The owner of the company I work for does not pay taxes [ 2 Answers ]

He does not have a workers compensation policy. Payroll checks are not taxes, but we do charge customers sales tax. I know I should be looking for a new job in case this company gets caught. He fired the accountant in June and no books or records have been kept since then. I want to claim...

Home owner stated he would pay for water damaged furniture [ 2 Answers ]

I have a saved email stating from my landlord that he would have his homeowners insurance pay for a very expensive solid wood cabinet that was ruined by a leaky roof. He is now trying to say no. Can I hold back rent in exchange for the payment of the wood cabinet? What are my legal rights?

Is adjacent property owner obligated to pay? [ 4 Answers ]

Recently, high winds blew down the fence between me and my next door neighbor. My neighbor had just recently moved in and is not the property owner. I replaced the fence paying all cost. However, my neighbor will not divulge the landlord's address for whatever reason. I did a property...

Apartment being demolished, does owner pay for relocation? [ 5 Answers ]

I moved into this building in Oct 2004. In June of 2005 the original owner sold the apartmet building and property to our Community Hospital. We (there are 4 units in the Bld) were all kind of worried because we heard about the Hospital expantion, and thought they would kick us out. They sent us...

View more questions Search