Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vladimirdean Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 08:19 PM
    Help me on refrigeration line and fittings
    Good day, can anyone help me why a 90deg long radius elbow is not applicable in discharge line also the: 90deg street elbows; through. Tess, No. Reduction; through. Tees, 1/4 reduction; through tees 1/2 reduction;.. why those fittings are not applicable in the discharge line...

Thank you very much for your replies... :)
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 03:08 PM

Sorry I really don't understand the question.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 5, 2010, 03:17 PM

I'm at a loss also. Are you asking if you can use long radius 90(elbow) on liquid line on a ac system? If so, yes, there should be no problem with it. Now if your specific system has literature that says not to use them, then don't use them, as you should almost always follow manufactures instructions.

Normally (at least on residential ac systems) the liquid(discharge) line won't require 90s as its easily bendable to make your own offsets with the small piping without fear of kinking the line. Hope this helps.

Aug 5, 2010, 06:27 PM

Yes, we are using a recent software on refrigeration fittings. We do not have any background on how they came up with such. All we need to know is why are some fittings not used in some lines like 90 deg long radius elbow which is not to be used in discharge line; 90deg street elbows in discharge and liquid lines;thru tees no reduction, through tees 1/4 reduction, through tees 1/2 reduction on discharge lines and filter, drier, sight glass on suction and discharge lines.

Aug 5, 2010, 06:34 PM

Never mind with the filter, drier and sight glass... we already know it.. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pex Fittings (shark bite fittings?) [ 6 Answers ]

Tom, Great advice I have been reading your responses and amazed with your plumbing experience! My question is that I used a 1/2 pex/sharkbite fitting to come off the copper supplies for a new shower, how do you feel about pex/sharkbite fittings? Its been in for about 8 months now, no problems.

Refrigeration Line Size for 5 Ton Air Conditioner [ 9 Answers ]

I am in there process of replacing my 5 ton air conditioning unit. One of the contractors told me that my refrigeration line going into my outside unit is the incorrect size. He said I have a 7/8" line and this unit requires a 1 1/8" refrigeration line. What is the correct size of the refrigeration...

Refrigeration [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a noisy hot gas bypass solenoid valve it rattles when it pulls in.should I change the head or the valve Thanks

Toilet Flex Line with brass fittings at both ends [ 1 Answers ]

My upstairs toilet flex line split at the plastic/nylon fitting underneath the toilet. We were out of town and the water ran for about four days. After three months of repairs to the house, I want to replace with flex lines that have brass fittings at both ends. I looked all over the internet and...

Fittings for LP Supply Line [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to make a custom length of LP Gas supply line that has a swivel FPT fitting on each end. At first I was considering using vinyl hose, however I could not find any rated for vapor at the local hardware stores. Also, I'm not confident in adding fittings to the hose ends and preventing...

View more questions Search