Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rickey Melson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 12:46 PM
    Wiring a second doorbell
    I am attempting to wire a second doorbell. I read in your column that you should wire the two doorbells together. However, I cannot snake a wire to my first doorbell. The second doorbell is located at the button that was once on the outside of the house. Can I wire my second doorbell into the first doorbell at this point and then extend the wires from both doorbells to an outside button. Please answer asap, as I am in need of wiring this in order to complete construction
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2006, 12:49 PM
    Yes. You may need to use three wire or two 2 wire cables.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I am connecting my wiring to a new motherboard, I have a wire running from the front of the case it says S/B SW, but the manual for the mobo has nothing to connect to that, does anyone know what connections to go to or what that means. Thanks :)

Wiring help [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to hang a ceiling fan in our bedroom. We ran into some problems and had to put in a new electrical box causing us to cut some wires. We now have no way to connect these wires back up to complete connection. The wires are older and are the thick copper wires making the use of a wire...

Wiring Help [ 4 Answers ]

I'm wanting to run electric from garage to shed. Want to have an outlet always hot and a light controlled by a switch. How do I do this? Any help and diagram appreciated. :confused:

Help with wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I am building a vivarium and need some help re wiring plan. I am going to have a piece of board with 8 standard single wall plug sockets and switchs on it which will be attcahed to the back of the vivarium. Now I want to wire them so they can be used as normal but the only source of...

Wiring my doorbell [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I own a split level home with a doorbell upstairs. The problem is that we can't hear it if we're in a room downstairs. I bought a second doorbell and picked a location downstairs, but I'm not sure how to wire it in to the first doorbell, since there is a floor/ceiling beam in the...

View more questions Search