Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jumpingpea Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 05:52 PM
    What is the difference between 10 legged and 8 legged spiders
    Large brown spider, 2 white stripes on back , 8 legged. Sometimes they will jump at you. They have invaded my house. Are they poisionous? How can I safely get rid of them? I would like them outside, way outside.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 06:28 PM

The difference between an 8 legged and a 10 legged spider is two.
    Can you Identify here, are you overseas?:
    Spiderzrule
    Scroll down, and look around.

Aug 4, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Coast of Oregon

Aug 4, 2010, 06:38 PM

Coast of Oregon
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 5, 2010, 01:54 AM

Could be Hobo Spiders
    Name:  hobo spider.jpg
Views: 2308
Size:  2.7 KB

Measures aimed at controlling hobo spider populations should start by eliminating suitable habitat around infested areas. In the late summer and early fall these spiders (particularly females) and their webs can be found beneath rocks, wood, lawn ornaments and debris; hobo spiders inhabit the undersides of objects such as this, and require a small amount of space between the soil and the bottom of the object chosen as a web site. When placing decorative objects in gardens or lawns, firmly anchoring the base of these items into the soil (leaving no space between the soil and the objects' base) will prevent spiders from nesting there. The undersides of decorative railroad ties are a favorite micro-habitat of hobo spiders; anchor the base of ties firmly into the ground, and use caulking or other sealant to close off cracks between stacked ties.

The hobo is a spider which often enters living quarters when searching for mates, etc. Keeping hobo spiders out of houses in heavily infested areas is a challenge. In such areas one should inspect the foundation of dwellings and seal off potential entry-ways such as deep cracks in concrete, spaces beneath doors, loose fitting panels in window wells, etc. Screening off dryer vents from the outside is also recommended. Dealing with hobo spiders inside of dwellings should include routine household cleaning, making certain to thoroughly vacuum in corners and closets, behind furniture, and underneath beds.
    HOBOSPIDER.ORG

Aug 5, 2010, 08:04 PM

Thank-You Very much. Will try all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three-legged giraffe ornament [ 4 Answers ]

My wife has had this unusual 3-legged giraffe ornament for a number of years. She says it made around the 1960's. It stands 25cm high but it has no markings underneath. Can anyone please shed a little more light on it. Thanks

Three legged bunny [ 3 Answers ]

18 months ago my rabbit, Clive, had to have his front right leg amputated, following an accident I don't know the details of (my ex boyfriend was looking after him while I sorted a place out). At the time the vets and I decided it was far too risky to try and fix. He was 6 months old. Now 2 years...

Straight legged jeans [ 2 Answers ]

So, I bought a pair thinking that they were just normal jeans and I hate straight legged jeans. And I didn't notice they were until AFTER I threw away the receipt and washed them. Is there anything I can do to make them look like normal jeans? Any way to stretch the bottoms out or would it work if...

10 legged spider with amor [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I came across a black/grey spider with 10 legs while walking in our subdivision. It had thick legs and was walking slowly across the road. It also had a strange armor type shield on its back and pear shaped butt. We went back to take a photo and measure it: 2 inches. I googled and...

3 Legged Chicken :) [ 4 Answers ]

A man was driving along a freeway when he noticed a chicken running alongside his car. He was amazed to see the chicken keeping up with him, as he was doing 50 mph. He accelerated to 60, and the chicken stayed right next to him. He sped up to 75 mph, and the chicken passed him. The man noticed that...

View more questions Search