Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgfons Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 05:28 PM
    Fan won't run when on auto, compressor doesn't stop.
    The fan won't run on auto and the compressor won't turn off unless I turn off the breaker, tried a new theromstat but that didn't help.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2010, 05:35 PM

Need more info, depending on furnace brand, age, model. It could be a fan relay, PC board, fan center. Does the fan run when you turn the fan switch to on?

Aug 4, 2010, 05:45 PM

Yes the fan works when in the on position.

Aug 4, 2010, 05:53 PM

Ruud 10 seer Model # UAKA 030JAZ 10 YEARS OLD
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2010, 06:07 PM

What about the furnace or air handler model number, the problem is probably there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compressor and fan run long after fan inside has gone off [ 1 Answers ]

The compressor and fan outside on my heat pump continue to run long after the fan inside has turned off. I have cleaned the relay contacts thinking that they were sticking but it is still running. Could it be the digital thermostat inside?

AC blower fan will not run in auto, only "ON". (heater runs in auto fine). [ 2 Answers ]

AC problem. My blower fan will not run in auto. (heater runs in auto fine). The fan will run in "on" position. I suspect the timer (or maybe a limit switch if there is one) on the fan control board. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic for the Lennox BCC2 fan control board? Thanks...

Fan won't run when in auto or on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20 year old heil furnace and the blower won't run in auto or on mode but it will run when I straight wire the fan. The wiring diagram is not on the furnace

New Compressor Run OK. HVAC Fan only run in Heat mode. [ 15 Answers ]

This board is awesome. I have done some reading first on here. Here's my case: Compr runs fine. Fan on HVAC blower inside runs only in Heat mode. Not on Cool. Not even on "FAN-ON" as opposed to FAN-AUTO. Can this be an issue with relay and board within HVAC? Per other thread, it was talking...

Compressor off/ fan trying to run [ 2 Answers ]

The fan on my Rudd unit keeps clicking like trying to start. I replaced the contactor. It didn't correct the problem. I called a service tech. He checked it out and said everything was fine. He replaced a flag connector. I had wired the new (double contactor) in for single pole. He moved the line...

View more questions Search