Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zotto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 04:34 PM
    child not wanting to see father
    if your child doesn't want to see you anymore, and the court order says they have to, can the mother stop them, she is thirteen, and she is saying as well she doesn't want to see me, do I still have to pay child support, not that I don't want to it's the x way of getting more money from me, I would rather set up a bank account for my daughter so when she does want to see me I have some money for her to give her a start in life
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Aug 4, 2010, 04:53 PM
    Yes you still have to pay child support and if you have a court order stating you have visitation then that is your right.. why doesn't she want to see you? There is nothing really the mother can do unless they go back to court to have things modified... and I'm not sure about setting up an account.. you can check with the court.. but keep in mind that child support helps in the support of the child... goes in the upbrining of the child for her necessities and such...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 06:38 PM

Child support and visits have nothing to do with each other.

But she can't decide not to see you either, you merely tell the mother to have child ready on such and such day ( according to your visits) and the child can be made to go to the visit with you.

Not sure how good a visit it will be, but she can be made to go.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 10:27 PM

What reason was given for your daughter not wanting to see you?

What do you think the reason is , if none is given?

I think the answers to these would help me to understand this situation better , before forming a conclusion.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2010, 06:05 AM

This is a legal question and should be moved.

As far as putting the money in a bank account so the daughter has a "start in life," the daughter needs shelter, food, clothing now and that's what child support pays for. If you do not pay the custodial parent as ordered you can be held in contempt.

If the mother is not encouraging the child's refusals to see you the mother is NOT in contempt - you should go back to Court and have that whole issue examined. Let the Court evaluate the situation and the parties and determine why the 13-year old is refusing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a father of a child force child support on a mother that gave up the child willing [ 13 Answers ]

While my wife and I were split up she got pregnant ( while on the birth control implant). I myself am fixed ( we didn't want anymore kids) and we couldn't afford to have more kids if wanted them. We thought about giving the child up for adoption but it turns out the father wants the child. He...

Dad of child wanting child benefit to be housed [ 5 Answers ]

My 12 year old daughter has been very violent and abusive to me she has worn me down over the last 2 yrs,we had one big fight and went to her nans the following day where her dad lives and he phoned me to say she was staying their till this gets sorted temp so me and her could have a break our...

Non-biological father wanting to sign off rights so the biological father [ 15 Answers ]

I was pressured into signing as the father to my now ex girlfriends baby, she's now back with the biological father and we're trying to find out how I can sign the rights over so that the biological father can have rights of his baby. How would we go about signing off my rights, and would anything...

Father wants to sign over rights, Not wanting to pay child support out of paycheck [ 4 Answers ]

The father of my son wants to sign over all parental rights, and apay child support on his own and not through the paycheck. Is that possible? Is it also possible if I go to welfare and try to get assistance that they won't go after his paycheck? I need the help, but I don't want his...

Father wanting custody [ 3 Answers ]

Wife left marital home with 2 year old daughter to live with her parents.She has apparently gone back to her beliefs in the JW.I do not want my daughter to be raised in that environment.Could use some advice.

View more questions Search