Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryonswill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 01:28 PM
    Murray lawn mower parts
    I'm trying to find a spindle assembly for an old murray riding lawn mower, Part No. 779055ma. I've been told by several parts websites that the part is no longer available. Any suggestions where I might find a discontinued part?

Thanks, Bryon
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 02:21 PM
    Hi,
    I would say that you better start checking with some mower grave/junkyards. I have access to a site that searches reported obsolete and surplus parts in the US and Canada. They were one of the few that knew the number and even had a price of the last one they had and acted as an agent for a dealer to sell. Better sit down; the stated price was over $120 before shipping. Only one other place did not give an error.
    Better try to rebuild or find a used on eto rebuild.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS There are some sites that mostly specialize in tractor parts, but have some garden tractor parts and mower parts; I will try to see where they are in my bookmarks. A search on a search engine will get better results with the word "vintage" rather than old, classic or antique. Classic has been the best second choice.
    bryonswill Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2010, 04:24 AM

Hey Clarke, Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that was the answer I was going to get. I bought 2 new ones about 3 years ago for $80 each. I messed this one up myself when I snapped the bolt holding the blade on, Broke 2 easy outs trying to remove it then tried to drill and re-thread it. I noticed the vibration right away and it eventually fell apart. Live and Learn. I think I'm going to scrap and resurrect an older snapper I just picked up free. Any thoughts on replacing a blown 15 hp Koehler OHV on the snapper with my 10 hp Briggs from the Murray?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 5, 2010, 04:38 AM

Hi,
    Best I could say is check the crank and sump dimensions; if they are comparable, you are good to go.
    Engine Specifications and Line Drawings for Briggs & Stratton, Tecumseh, Robin Subaru, Kohler, Honda & Kawasaki Small Engines
    This link ought to help.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older Murray Riding lawn mower Parts [ 3 Answers ]

I have a old Murray riding lawn mower That I can not find parts for can any one help? The Model # is 836508X92 DOM1398

Murray 11/36 riding mower electrical parts [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know where the condenser is located on the older Murray rider 11/36. Says its model 7-36519 0n chasis but can't find that anywhere

Murray riding mower model #38608x12c parts manual [ 1 Answers ]

PLEASE/PLEASE/PLEASE... I need website for parts diagram for murray riding lawn mower model #38608x12c... need starter solenoid parts and new shaft (that's what she said, SHE actually just did) just need parts blow-up page to order

I have a Murray riding mower, model# 7-38219 Can't find a diagram for parts. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Murray riding mower model 7-38219.

Vintage murray riding mower parts [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older Murray rear engine rider model # 2-30501 man # 1329 I need to find a bagger that will work on this unti. Any and all help is appreciated

View more questions Search