Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oklahoma_man Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 11:54 AM
    I know I'm not the biological father if I'm on the birth certificate is it fraud?
    I live in the state of Oklahoma and was just wondering? If not do have rights to visitation? I know I'm not the biological father. My ex got pregnant and the guy went to Prison. She left me sign the birth certificate. I was told that after 30 days in the State of Oklahoma if I don't contest it. I am the father of the child in the states eyes. I just wanted to see if anybody knows how true that is. Also if I would have any rights to visitation and if id have to pay child support?
    Oklahoma_man Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma_man View Post
    I live in the state of Oklahoma and was just wondering? If not do have rights to visitation? I know im not the biological father. My ex got pregnant and the guy whent to Prison. She left me sign the birth certificate. I was told that after 30 days in the State of Oklahoma if I dont contest it. I am the father of the child in the states eyes. I just wanted to see if anybody knows how true that is. Also if I would have any rights to visitation and if id have to pay child support?
    Sorry to be more clear she was my ex at the time she got pregnant. We are currently back together. I meant if we split up and she wanted to get me for child support or not let me see the child.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 09:18 AM
    As far as I know when you are listed as father on the birth certificate, you would get visitation and have to pay child support if you split up.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2010, 11:37 AM

If you signed the birth certificate you are the legal father of the child. You can be held liable for child support and are entitled to visitation.

OK law says that you have 2 years to contest paternity.

To spin it the other direction, if you contest paternity and it is proven you are not the biological father, you will have to adopt the child to ever have any rights should you and the mother separate.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma_man View Post
    I I was told that after 30 days in the State of Oklahoma if I dont contest it. I am the father of the child in the states eyes. I just wanted to see if anybody knows how true that is. Also if I would have any rights to visitation and if id have to pay child support?
    Not so true...
    § 10-7700-307.

Acknowledge paternity using a form. Both parents can sign a form called “Acknowledgment of Paternity.” The form can be signed at the time of the child’s birth or any other time. The parents have sixty days to change their minds and sign a “Rescission of Acknowledgment” form. If the parents don’t sign the Rescission form within the sixty day period, the form has the same status as a court order.

Any party can challenge the paternity within certain limitations. This includes the mother, the established father, another man claiming to be the biological father, or the child (through an attorney/

If a man other than the legal father believes he is the biological father of the child, he must file something with the court seeking to determine his paternity of the child. This must be filed before the child is two years old. The court must find it is in the child’s best interest before it orders genetic testing to determine who the biological father is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want my non biological father taken off my birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I want my non biological father taken off my birth certificate, how can I do this? Does he need to know? How much does this cost? I don't no who my really dad is, but the man on my birth certificate is a bully and I'm scared if he finds out he may turn nastey on my mum. Please help.

Biological father not on birth certificate [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old son, his biological father has never been in the picture, the man I am with now has been with my son since he was 1. We got his name legally changed on his birth certificate to my current husband last name and also added him on the birth certificate. Does his biological father...

Biological father not on birth certificate and wants his child [ 4 Answers ]

%ust find out that I have a year old little girl but the mother is married and doesn't want me in her life. I was never told that the child was mine or ever asked for anything to care for her. Now that the paternity results are in she's 99.99% mine and I want to be in her life but I can see that's...

Non biological father on birth certificate [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting ready to have a baby and the biological father is not exactly taking part. He has dropped out of high school, he is unemployed, and couldn't provide the proper care for a baby. I am getting legally married before baby is born and my baby will then have my husbands last name. Can my...

View more questions Search