mhlanas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 07:35 AM
    Air gap checking squareness
    Air gap checking squareness
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 08:32 AM

Hi,
    The magnets should be used to "pull" in both legs of the armature simultaneously. The gap can be achieved by using an ordinary business card, putting it between the flywheel and armature legs, rotating flywheel to position magnets centered between legs, losing to achieve airgap and carefully tightening. Some people will mount the armature as far from the flywheel as possible, rotate into position, loosen screws holding the armature just enough to let it be attracted by the magnets and tightening. The card is then removed and the flywheel rotated by hand to check for rubbing.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS All this is easier with plug removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Specifications i.e. spark plug gap,tappet gap hot & cold, air gap [ 1 Answers ]

I need these specs for a briggs & stratton Vanguard 16 hp v-twin ohv engine. Model no 303442.Thank u very much Jan

How to Make Air Gap Look Better. [ 10 Answers ]

Folks, I have been asked many times about this product - and yesterday, I finally saw this product in local Home Depot again. It is an Air Gap hidden inside Lotion / Soap dispenser bottle. It may be a good solution for those who have to have air gap and don't like the look of it. The bottle has...

Air Gap with [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm putting in a new sink. The old sysem (single basin sink) had the sink draining piped out to the back wall and a separate pipe taking the dishwasher water. It was however fitted with an air gap. So the dishwasher had a hose that went up to an airgap wich had a second hose coming down...

Air Gap, yes or no? [ 4 Answers ]

My name is Sherrie McIntyre and I live in Washington State. I have a home that was built in 1952. I am replacing the drain pipes under my sink after removing a non-working, non-repairable dishwasher. It was an under the sink model and we will not be replacing it at this time. I discovered that...

View more questions Search