Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samidhak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 03:10 AM
    Should teachers buy uniform from school?
    I would like to know whether there are any teachers' union in baroda(india-gujrat).. I work in std 6 and our school is going to make teachers wear uniform complusarily.. but the school says that we teachers have to buy uniform from them.. now is there any legal argument for the fact that "if the school wants the teachers to wear a uniform,then they should provide it at their cost and the teachers should not be forced to pay for the uniform"
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 03:15 AM
    Hi, samidhak!

By "uniform" do you mean that the teachers will be required to wear exactly the same basic style of clothing from the same manufacturer, please?

Thanks!
    samidhak Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2010, 03:34 AM
    I'm a teacher in std6 baroda(india-gujrat).. our school has now introduced a uniform(same material sam appearance for all teachers.. but of coarse different from that of students) for teachers!and the schhol is asking it to buy it from them(the school)... now is there any legal argument supporting the fact that "if the school wants its teachers to wear uniform,then they(the school) should provide it..and the teachers are not to spend for the uniforms??"
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2010, 03:43 AM
    I don't know if there's a teacher's union there or not. You would be able to find that out better than anyone else here.

If the school is saying that the teacher's will need to be providing their own uniform, I would presume that they wouldn't be requiring it unless it would be okay to do that.

If you get enough teachers to agree with what you're proposing, then the school officials should be listening and wanting to do something about it.

If the uniforms are to be the same, because of being provided by the school, then getting them through the school would probably be less expensive for the teachers than if each teacher went out and purchased the uniform on their own and not through the school.

Whether there is some legal issue there or not, then that is something that you would need to take up with a teacher's union, provided that there is a union.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does school uniform increase student achievement? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering if school uniform increases student achievement? Thank you

School uniform should be abolished [ 10 Answers ]

How does school uniform should be abolished?

School Uniform Debate [ 27 Answers ]

I'm research a topic and would like to generate a bunch of arguments for data collection. Policy: Students in public, K-12 schools must wear school uniforms. Background: - Uniforms are uniquely designed for each school. (Think Japan) - Students must purchase their uniform from the school....

School Uniform Debate [ 2 Answers ]

Hey People, I was just wondering your opinion of whether school uniforms school should be compulsory? I’m doing it for a debate for school and I’m on the affirmative side. What do you think about this subject? :) Thanks!

School uniforms for teachers and faculty [ 9 Answers ]

Should teachers and administrators of elementary schoold children wear uniforms?

View more questions Search