Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cruquarters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 02:10 PM
    91 honda civic dx suddenly dies while running. Have to hold key on to keep running
    91 honda civic dx suddenly dies while running. I have to hold the key on far right start position to keep the car started. I let off the key and the car dies. Turn the key to the where the starter turns on and hold it there and the car stays running./ Any ideas what this could be?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 02:17 PM

Replace the ignition switch and harness:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224652

Easy job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'94 Honda Civic EX automatic - starts but dies as soon as key is released [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my Civic will start but as soon as I release the key, it dies. If I start the car but hold the key in, the car will continue to run until I release the key. Can I replace the ignition lock cylinder only (where you put the key) or do I have to replace the entire ignition switch? Since it it...

97 civic dies while running? [ 1 Answers ]

My 97 civic has been running fine up until today. I started my car and while I was letting it warm up, (about 5 minutes approximately) it died. So I started it up again and it ran fine. As I was backing up down the driveway to leave somewhere, I got to the stoplight by my house and just as I...

1993 HB civic d15 dies when running [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1993 honda HB with a d15 it runs, run and runs then after awhile it goes all crazys then shuts of when I jump start it, it turns on and runs for a little then shuts off what can it be?

95 Honda Civic lx running hot [ 1 Answers ]

My honda civic is running hot but not all the time. I have changed the radiator, the thermostat and also flushed the engine. After driving the interstate for one hour it is fine and then when I get to the City the temp gauge will start to rise. The cooling fan is running. This does not happen...

1993 Civic EX suddenly stops running and won't re-start [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, My girlfriend's Honda Civic (1993 EX model) died within 3 blocks of her workplace the other day. Not being able to troubleshoot the problem in 5 deg weather, I towed it to my house to have a closer look. The car turns over just fine... the engine is not seized, the starter works fine...

View more questions Search