Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bella1977 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 11:31 AM
    How to get out of a mortgage contract
    I have a joint mortgate with an ex partner. I have not lived in the property for 2 years and have not paid anything towards it either. I have had no contact with my ex partner either for around this length of time also. The last I was aware my ex was renting out the property. I want my name removed from the mortgage. How can I do this, or do you have any other suggestions that may help me to get out of this situation.

Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 11:37 AM

Hello B:

The only way the mortgage company is going to let you off is when they're paid. That means the property has to be sold, refinanced, or paid off. I don't know how you'd accomplish any of those.

excon

Aug 3, 2010, 11:39 AM

Thanks excon

Was hoping there was another solution. But guess not

Bella1977
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 3, 2010, 11:46 AM

Excon is right, but the good news appears that the property is paying for itself and you have not had any expenses.

There is one more option. You could go to court to force the partner to buy you out or allow you to sell your share.

Aug 3, 2010, 11:51 AM

Hi Scottgem

My ex did try to buy me out previoisly but could not afford it. I didn't think I could sell my half. Will have a look into this.

Thanks for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legality of mortgage contract [ 1 Answers ]

The company that brokered our loan to our current lender was not licensed to do so. Can we legally get out of our contract

Getting out of a Mortgage contract legally! [ 3 Answers ]

I have put Ernest money down and signed a contract to buy a house, since then (being Active duty they have changed my orders which will be 50 miles down the road and in a different school district for my daughter). Also, the builder has not kept up on the promise of being done by the end of June....

Mortgage Contract Binding? [ 3 Answers ]

My Mortgage broker contacted World Savings for a equity or re-finance loan on my home of 27 years in Sarasota. FL. I received in the mail 2 sets of documents from World Savings on Jan. 11, 2007, of the same. One said your Loan Documents... sign and return with a pre-paid envelope. Loan amount of...

Can I get out of a new mortgage contract? [ 1 Answers ]

I just recently signed papers to buy a house (35 days ago). But just discovered I was misled and lied to about the terms of the contract. The way they (mortgage broker and Title agency) explained the contract is not at all how it is. They totally lied to me in order to make the sale. Is there...

Cancelling a mortgage contract [ 2 Answers ]

What happens if I cancel a mortgage contract if I am unable to make the payments and cancel before I have signed the bank loan papers? The sellers have my promise money and I am going to pay for the appraisel. What legal rights do the sellers have to make me take out a loan? It has bee about...

View more questions Search