Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Imran02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Interfacing ethernet to wireless LAN
    Hello Dear,

I am currently using ethernet connection.I have ethernet slot in my room.I want to make a wireless connection of 4 or 5 laptops with this available slot. How can I do this?What necessary products I will be requiring for this. Guide me, I am new in this field.

Regards

Imran
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 19, 2006, 08:07 AM
    You need a Wireless Access Point. You connect the WAN port to your Ethernet jack, then connect the laptops to the WAP.

However, WAPs are harder to come by. You can probably get a wireless router (which included a WAP) more easily and for less money. If you go that route, you will need to disable the DHCP function on the device.
    Imran02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 08:30 AM
    Thanks Sir,

Can you refer the name for any wireless router and tell me a little more about WAN.

Regards

Imran
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 19, 2006, 09:32 AM
    There are several makers of wireless routers; Linksys, Netgear, Belkin, D-Link and several others.

WAN stands for Wide Area Network. Generally it's the feed coming from your carrier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lan To Lan Internet Sharing Help! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Tnx for reading.. hope you can help me.. here is my question with all the information I can think.. I have 2 computers I'm using windows XP SP2 I don't have any router or switch My 1st computer have an internet connection with 2 lancards My 2nd computer have no internet connection with...

Ethernet cable [ 3 Answers ]

I am on orange broadband and I need to connect the ethernet cable from my livebox into my computer ,however I donot have an ethernet socket on my computer so is there another way of doing this .

Connecting two PC via ethernet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a game freek. I want to connect my two pcs for playing multiplayer games via ethernet. Please help.

LAN to LAN via Internet... [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, First hope that I'm not causing heaache for you... If not please continue... I'm building up another Domain(no forests and no trees), that domain will be in another location. So I'll have two local area networks, where each of them is in a totally different and distant...

Setting up an Internet Lan wireless Network [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to get wireless internet for my house and I am totally clueless so I hope you guys could help me out here. Firstly I want to share my internet between like 3-4 computers (2 desktop, 2 laptop) through a wireless router. I also hope able to connect all of them through a lan network...

View more questions Search