Ask
    rabbi robin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 04:32 AM
    Nopalea.com
    Is nopalea a scam
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 3, 2010, 04:40 AM
    It's yet another of those Get Rich Quick health MLM's.

I find it's claims to be extremely mis-leading.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Aug 3, 2010, 10:06 AM

Nopolea contains useful antioxidants and particularly bases many of its health claims on its high concentration of betalains. The jury is out as to exactly how beneficial these compounds are but if you want to have the benefit of betalains then beetroot juice is a rich source and much cheaper.

Deep purple, red, and blue fruits all contain high levels of similar antioxidants although some contain betalains while others contain anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are the compounds in the equally expensive acai berries. These too can be sourced more cheaply in blackberries and blueberries.

Like most 'superfoods' the claims aren't necesserily false but whether it is worth paying such a premium price is another matter. A little research on the ingredients and on what other sources can provide them can save you a lot of cash.

If all that sounds like hard work then a really varied diet of as many natural foods as possible will almost certainly cover the body's needs.
    andyinhatillo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2012, 10:10 AM
    I've used the Nopalea drink for about 18 weeks now and I can say that it has reduced my pain. I considered the 'placebo effect' and stopped drinking for several weeks and the nagging, constant pain returned (pinched nerve and pressure points in the shoulders).

It is expensive but I tried so many other natural and medicinal remedies with little or no positive effect.

Nopalea works for me @ 3 oz per day following the recommendations.

Andrew

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will Nopalea by Trivita,cause side effects with(Rx) Plavix,Hydrocodone,Niaspan ER.. [ 2 Answers ]

-,I*d Like to know if this Nopalea Juice would have side effects if I`m taking {Rx} Enalapril Maleate/Lisinopril,/Ibuprofen 600 Mg/ Metformin HCL 500 Mg & One Depression . These are the majority of the (Rx*s) my Father & I Are taking . Back in mid May,10 my father broke his arm. When I heard of...

Nopalea side effects [ 30 Answers ]

Has anyone tried nopalea and had any negative side effects? All I've heard is good stuff but I want to be sure before I try it. Desperate for help

View more questions Search