Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    txmommie0001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2010, 03:03 AM
    Texas law for great aunt getting custody of great niece and nephew from c.p.s.and mom
    I had kinship of my great niece and nephew, now they are in foster care. I think they belong with a family member who knows them and they know. I just don't know how to go about getting them back in our life. Please help! I don't know how to get this started. Their mom don't seem to be even trying to straighten up. I would love to get full custody but I can wait till the court says so. I just won't them here with family. HELP!
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 3, 2010, 09:14 AM

You may file for kinship foster care.
    You may get some facts here:
    TX Kinship Care Policies Guardianship Policies Guardianship payments: Compared with Foster Care
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 3, 2010, 09:27 AM

Check out the link GV gave you. The first thing would be to talk to the case worker. Let them know you are willing to foster the children. They will check you out and, if your application has merit, probably put the kids in your care. From there you can see about custody and, maybe, adoption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an aunt get visitation or custody of her niece? [ 4 Answers ]

My niece stayed primarily with me the 1st year of her life. Due to childcare issues at the time I had the mother take her half the week. Mom has always collected welfare on the child. I have never asked for any money from mom for her support. She is now 4yrs old. She stays with me anywhere from...

Custody of Great niece [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, nice to find this site, and be here! Anyway, down to topic at hand. I have an 8 year old niece, who I have intermittently taken care of over the past 8 years. So, since day one really. Anyway, I have had her for months at time, sometimes days, sometimes just one day, so on and so...

How can I adopt my great-neice who is my foster child? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been foster parents to my niece since July of 08. She actually has been in our care for longer but officially that is when it started. She will be a year old next month. Her parents are both in trouble for drugs. The dad has five felonies against him one of which is child...

Custody of niece and Nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My sister died of cancer a year ago, leaving behind two sons and a daughter. I lived with my brother and law for a short period, trying to help with the children, but I found it difficult to get work done and very crowded. So I got my own house, and I took the youngest of the children (with my...

What can I do to save my great niece from going to the state [ 9 Answers ]

My niece was asked by dcf to provide a urine test and failed the test what can I do as aunt to help my great niece?

View more questions Search