Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TrishaLou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 06:17 AM
    Should I let the father of my children see them
    My ex-husband took me to court in July last year because I refused to let him see our 3 children, one of which does not know who he is as we split when she was tiny, the court case was dismissed in march as he did not show up for the hearing. In September I decided to let him see the children, he saw them a couple of times in the early evening and then started coming around really late at night, a couple of times I agreed to meet him in town on a Saturday afternoon with the kids but he never showed. That was in early November since then I have phoned his house nearly every day and his dad says that he is out, even on a Sunday morning, he sent our daughter a birthday card which was 2 weeks late and our sons birthday card was a week late, he now has not seen the kids for over 5 weeks and it took me a while to convince our son to see their dad in the first place, should I just give up or keep trying. He does not support them finacially either.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 19, 2006, 07:49 AM
    His loss, You unfortunately have the job of explaining why daddy won't come around them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 19, 2006, 07:53 AM
    If he asks to see the kids, make specific appointments and remind him, if he doesn't keep them, you will stop making the appts.
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 19, 2006, 08:30 AM
    ScottGem, I believe it is beyond making appointments and him not keeping them. He doesn't support his kids financially, why do you think he will support them emotionally? She needs to brings his butt back to court and make him assist her in raising them. Once he feels the finanical burden, he may get a clue!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 19, 2006, 09:36 AM
    I agree that she should get child support from him, but that wasn't the question. I think she should give him enough rope to hang himself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He's not my father [ 11 Answers ]

At the beginning of the year, I found out that my Dad is not my father. I am 42 years old and am the 5th children to my parents. My older brother told me that my Dad confessed this to him after his stroke. I have suspected for several years that I wasn't his child after my mother told me about...

A father abandons his children [ 4 Answers ]

We have been separated 8 months, he hasn't seen the kids (4) ages 8,6,5,3 in over 6 months we had a custody hearing in sept and he still hasn't seen them after attempting to get joint custody which he did not. I have no idea where he is, now is taking me back for a decrease in child support he only...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search