Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pjackson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 05:19 AM
    Speedometer and Odometer Trouble
    Hello, I have a 1987 Ford Falcon. The speedometer consistently reads 15km/hr under. Would this also make the odometer run slow or would it not likely affect the odometer?
    Thanks in advance,
    Pj
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2006, 07:50 AM
    It depends. Diagnostic tests frequently are based on whether both are affected or only one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Speedometer/odometer problem [ 9 Answers ]

I took my car in for new tires and a new battery. When I got it back, I discovered that neither the odometer nor speedometer were working. I raised this with the shop and they claim that nothing that they did could possibly have impacted the speedometer function. I find it rather too...

Speedometer problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1982 chev impala station wagon pretty plain, 305 v8 and 3 speed auto with lockup. I am having an ongoing problem with its speedometer. Originally the problem was a really jerky needle. It would go up the gauge fine until I would hit say 70km, as soon as I let off the gas the needle...

Wipers/odometer not working [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 98 Honda Civic DX that my windshield wipers and odometer/speedometer decided to quit working at the same time. We checked the fuses and they have not blown. They thought is might be The windshield wiper motor, but the odometer is not working either. I was told I am getting power. I...

04 Dodge Ram - pull fuse to shut off odometer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 and am trying to find out if the fuse is blown or pulled on the odometer/speedometer... will the internal computer still keep track of the mileage. I am concerned how many miles might be on the truck, since I have recently found out that the "friend" :mad: we...

1998 Honda Accord odometer light bulb replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, The odometer light in my '98 Accord is out. No other lights are out - so I'm figuring it's just the bulb. I took out the two screws at the top of the instrument cluster, but when the panel wouldn't pop our easily, I didn't dare try anything further. I'd just like to get to the...

View more questions Search