Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

Aug 2, 2010, 05:07 AM
    Getting fit and bigger
    I want to start getting bigger in muscle mass and fitter in running but I do not want to go stupid and end up looking weird and I am wondering if someone could help me, I will be in the gym at least 5 days a week 1 time a day but I do not know what exercises to do, I want to do a day on each muscle group. (back, chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders and legs+abs) but I do not know what exercises would be best, and some sugjestions on sups, I would like a good pre suppliment a post suppliment and a during and alos something to remove fat,

Any help wityh this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Regards matt
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 06:05 AM

Every gym where I've ever worked out had personal trainers on staff. They charged a reasonable fee and set up exercise schedules and plans as well as dietary and supplementary plans.

I also was advised to take a day off after 5 days in the gym - but maybe that's just for women.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2010, 12:00 PM

Base your workouts on compound lifts like squats, deadlifts, bench press, pull-ups, dips, military press, lunges, stiff leg deadlifts, rows, wood chopper. Ask the trainers in your gym to show you exactly how to do them right. Aim for 3 sets of 8 reps at 80% of your maximum lift. You should find you are struggling to finish the last rep. When you can do ten reps, it's time to increase the weight.

A whey shake after lifting is a good supplement. Other than that, just the basics, a good multi-vitamin and some fish oil. Eat real food, not processed rubbish. Get rest days, get enough sleep.

Don't worry, you won't look "weird". The bodybuilder look takes years of dedication and hard work, it doesn't happen by accident.

A cup of espresso makes a good pre-workout supplement. Drink water during the workout. Sugar drinks turn off fat burning, so avoid them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If my wife's vagina feels a lot bigger than usual, is she cheating? It's a lot bigger [ 12 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 2+ years. We have had a lot of sex and her vagina always feels pretty much the same in terms of size. Lately we have been kind of distant and have not had much sex at all. I have been suspicious of her cheating recently. We have spent a couple of days apart. She...

Bigger butt [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I want a bigger butt, but I don't want to use those pads I want a natural one an I heard about thins book called get a bigger butt, but its way to expensive can someone help me.

Need a bigger chest. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am a 23 year old male I weigh about 200lbs and I'm 5'11". My problem is that I am very happy with my arms they are huge and don't really need to get any bigger but my chest isn't as big as it used to be like when I got out of boot camp. I want to build up my chest to be just as adequate. I...

Bigger is Beautiful [ 4 Answers ]

How can I thicken my hair up? It's thinned a lot due to years of product and heat damage...

How do I get a bigger butt? [ 26 Answers ]

Hi, I am 26 years old and am pretty happy with my body except my butt is not big enough. :( I want to have a larger, more round and firm butt. I work out 3 times a week but I am not sure what excersises I need to do to achieve this. I also want to know if sit ups actually give you nice firm abbs...

View more questions Search