Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dna511 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 12:16 AM
    Rideon mower no power
    Hi,
    Have a rover ranger xc.. I am finding that it lacks power on a slight rise. No change in power , just slows and stops having to reduce gear to 1 and even then it slows to a stop then having to get off and push to get it going again.! Any suggestion on where to start much app.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 01:22 PM
    Hi,
    You may have said you were in Australia or New Zealand! Could find no manuals or parts breakdowns on your machine. Since you say that you have to shift to a lower gear, I would speculate that it has something to do with the belt that goes from the engine to the transmission. It has a final chain drive but that would produce a skipping motion if it was the culprit.
    The company is now owned by MTD's Australian division and the Rovers are made in New Zealand. Websites are not informative, but do give dealers in various localities. Look at:
    Rover.co.nz - Rover Resources and Information.This website is for sale!
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTD rideon mower won't crank [ 1 Answers ]

I have an MTD rideon mower that has sat for about a year and a half I have replaced the battery, selonoid and starter. After relacing battery it crank once and now won't do anything and the crankshaft is really tight is there anything I can do to get th crankshaft to loosen up

Snapper mower power [ 1 Answers ]

My mower starts up well, but keeps dying as I mow into thick grass (but not all that thick). Seems power is also not as strong as it was last season. Air filter is clear. Any guidance appreciated.

Pony troy bilt 8sp rideon mower will not stay running [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Pony troy Bilt 8sp mower. The battery never is enough to start the tractor (because its not used enough), so I always put a charger on the battery for a few hours and than it starts. However, recently I tried this and it would not work. Now when I hook up the cables on my charger, it...

Lawn mower has no power [ 1 Answers ]

Lawn mower will only start if starter is jumpered from battery. Can someone help me.

My 15.5 riding Mower has no DC power [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 15.5 hp riding mower, I shut it off the other day to put oil in it, and when I tried to restart it no voltage, new battery, 1 month ago, I have voltage to the solenoid, and to the fuse, and one hot to the ignition switch, no lights, Give me some good advice to try to get it to running...

View more questions Search