Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 11:01 PM
    Difference between BTB and BTC
    Hello,

I need some help on the difference between BTB and BTC. If a company sells products to for instance an importer or distributor, this is BTB.

But if a company sells products directly to a multiple retailer (for instance a chain of shops), is this BTB or BTC?

Thanks for clearing up my doubt.

Daniele
    Miss Lewis Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 05:09 AM
    Hello,
    You just have to use the scale or size of the company and use your judgement in this matter.

It may be worth deciding if you are talking about customers or consumers, and define each level of the process from manufacture through sale to 'end user' (consumer)

One rule I was taught was that BTC (Business to Consumer) is when a customer would purchase and item from the retailer (and in some cases direct from trade or manufacturer) for their own personal use and not to sell on to another party.

However, even is you are a large Blue-Chip company you need to buy your stock/goods/parts from somewhere and you would be classed a customer at this level.

Obviously the retailer is still classed as being a customer of the manufacturer or importer so it really is a mine field! If u are writing a thesis or paper it may be worth adding what your own personal definition of Business, customers and consumers are because the person reading the document may have a different view point of the categories?

Hope this is of some help even though it's not a defined answer!

Emma.
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 11, 2007, 01:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Lewis
    Hello,
    You just have to use the scale or size of the company and use your judgement in this matter.

It may be worth deciding if you are talking about customers or consumers, and define each level of the process from manufacture through sale to 'end user' (consumer)

Emma.
    Hi Emma,
    Would this be applicable to getting a book on the market as a self publisher?

Nm:)
    liridon shala Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Lewis
    Hello,

One rule I was taught was that BTC (Business to Consumer) is when a customer would purchase and item from the retailer (and in some cases direct from trade or manufacturer) for their own personal use and not to sell on to another party.

However, even is you are a large Blue-Chip company you need to buy your stock/goods/parts from somewhere and you would be classed a customer at this level.

Obviously the retailer is still classed as being a customer of the manufacturer or importer so it really is a mine field! If u are writing a thesis or paper it may be worth adding what your own personal definition of Business, customers and consumers are because the person reading the document may have a different view point of the categories?

Hope this is of some help even though it's not a defined answer!?

Emma.
    b2b - business to business
    b2c - business to customers
    c2c - customers to customers

Better tools of finding them, in management classes you will learn this way out !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference? [ 4 Answers ]

I am changing over from a gas heat system to electric. I have read how efficient the heat pumps are but it gets pretty confusing. I am looking at the goodman 2.5 ton ac unit and seporate airhandler (10kw heat strips) package 13 seer and I am looking at the goodman 2.5 ton heatpump with the same...

BTB 1 % solution [ 1 Answers ]

How to prepare bromomotymol blue aquaous solution 1 % ?

Format difference [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between a FAT32 and a NTFS hard drive? Advantages and disadvantages if any. I have 2 external hard drives - on each Thanks - George :confused:

Difference [ 1 Answers ]

Please anyone tell me the difference between a Corporation and an Incorporation.

What's the difference? [ 4 Answers ]

;) Hi, Anyone knows the difference between "conversation" And "dialogue"? I appreciate your help.

View more questions Search