Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2010, 06:45 PM
    Do you often disagree with your wife on things?
    Do you often disagree with your wife on things?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 07:47 PM

Yes, sometimes several times a day. But not everyday.

The key for us is talking it through.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 01:44 AM
    Hi, ROLCAM!

Yes. It's part of the reason that we got divorced a long time ago.

Why are you asking the question, please?

And, just to be fair...

If you're married or have been married, do you or did you often disagree with your wife about things?

Thanks!
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2010, 06:00 AM

Clough,

This is my second marriage.
    I just disagree on about everything my wife says and does.
    The arguments are endless.
    It is what keeps life interesting.

Rolcam
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2010, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLCAM View Post
    I just disagree on about everything my wife says and does.
    The arguments are endless.
    It is what keeps life interesting.
    My wife and I disagree on a bunch of things but it isn't endless and that's not the part that keeps life interesting. I would think that if the disagreements never stopped I would be a frustrated person.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 07:03 PM

I'd like a clarification please.

Are you frustrated because you are having arguments or because you are losing them?

I've been married for quite a few years now. We don't fight, we have lively debates and we usually end up laughing at ourselves before the day is done.

Now as to winning, I can count on one finger the number of times I've won the fight and came out on top. I have also won plenty of battles and paid dearly for winning them. Most often it is easier and safer to shut up and just lose.

Now I caution you, do not think I am a bully. My Lady is Scottish/Italian. She hails from a suburb of NY City and this Lady was in the U.S. Marines. Go ahead pal, you pick the fight.

I'm just a NY City Irish mutt and I was in the Navy.

But I'm here to tell you, I'm still breathing and would not change even a fiber of this Lady I married!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 06:35 AM

I was getting the impression that this was personal from your last post, and Donf is right, you can have lively debates, but who cares who is right or wrong? Let her do whatever she wants, whether you agree or NOT.

Keeping your mouth shut, and learning "yes dear", and knowing when to just quit.is a skill to keep a woman happy and you from being frustrated because at the end of the day, who cares HOW, or WHO, does WHAT?

I quit trying to make her see, and do what I wanted a long time ago, and she does her thing very well, and efficiently her way.

What are you disagreeing on so much? Is it that important? How long have you been married? Details please.
    Business Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 10:12 AM

I was domesticated a long time ago and believe me living with my loving wife this way will allow me to survive/live a lot longer... :) Not to say that I don't still have an opinion or three..

Stringer
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2010, 10:48 AM

My husband and I argue or discuss! My husband is a very educated man and he doesn't use that fact against me . I only have a High School Diploma and a few hours of College.

He just lets me rant and rave. We express how we feel and then we just forget about it. It's worked for years. He is so good and kind and tells me to have more confidence in myself. He loves me the way I am with all my flaws. He's my heart.

As for arguing all the time , NO WAY.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2010, 12:21 PM

I notice when there are times that my guy and I seem to disagree about everything,it is often because of an underlying stress,most often it is money worries.

The nitpicking is just a symptom of a larger issue.Maybe a night out or a break from routine would benefit you.

It is always good to remember the old adage*Lets agree to disagree*.
    Business Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 04:28 PM

"talaniman agrees : Take two aspirin when those opinions hit you."

Ha ha... Tal, two aspirins, look sheepish, put your head down and leave the room... :) :cool:

I making fun but it is a good life... we are happy and that is the one goal I have had in my life, to be just... happy.

AND if we didn't get along, our upcoming road trip of over 3,700 miles would be something man... can you imagine being 'trapped' in a car for that long and arguing?? :eek::rolleyes::D
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2010, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    "talaniman agrees : Take two aspirin when those opinions hit you."

Ha ha...Tal, two aspirins, look sheepish, put your head down and leave the room....:) :cool:

I making fun but it is a good life....we are happy and that is the one goal I have had in my life, to be just...happy.

AND if we didn't get along, our upcoming road trip of over 3,700 miles would be something man...can you imagine being 'trapped' in a car for that long and arguing??? :eek::rolleyes::D

When you can take a long trip and not have to talk and you're both comfortable in the silence, that speaks volumes. My husband and I can travel for a hundred miles and not say anything, but he or I every once in a while will reach for the others hand. ;)
    Business Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 04:44 PM

That's nice Kit. I feel the same way particularly when you are first dating. When you reach the point where you don't have to fill the empty space with words and it's OK...
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2010, 04:50 PM
    That's nice Kit. I feel the same way particularly when you are first dating. When you reach the point where you don't have to fill the empty space with words and it's ok....
    Yes it is!:)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2010, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    when you can take a long trip and not have to talk and you're both comfortable in the silence, that speaks volumes. My husband and I can travel for a hundred miles and not say anything, but he or I every once in a while will reach for the others hand. ;)
    I agree... We just finished our trek around the country of over 10,000 miles and had a few lively debates over things we listened to on the radio... some of which we just won't ever be in agreement on.

We also enjoyed numerous periods of blissful silence... enjoying the scenery. (Although he frequently felt compelled to reach over and poke me gently or squeeze a leg). The grins exchanged were priceless. Gosh I love that man!

He also had the pleasure of some attention while he was driving that he wouldn't get on his own. (talking neck rubs, of course) ;)
    Business Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 06:16 PM

Neck rubs huh... priceless Doula. And yes hugs and touching is nice and soothing. :)
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2010, 06:25 PM
    Neck rubs huh....priceless Doula. And yes hugs and touching is nice and soothing. :)
    Plus.. he lets you sleep in at the hotel and brings you coffee. For him stopping and taking photo's of the scenery especially the mountains and lakes and I don't complain about having to wait till he gets exactly the right shot.

When a young cutie walks by at the beach he doesn't look except once, maybe twice and then I say "wow wish i still looked liked that and he lies and says "you do"... Gosh I'm almost crying here. I am so blessed.:)
    Business Expert

Aug 6, 2010, 06:45 PM

You both are.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2010, 06:50 PM

So are you and so is she. I think the reason I am so happy with my husband is because I know how horrible it was the first time I was married. It was not good.

The only thing I would change is I would have gone out with my husband the first time he asked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife has left me weeks ago now she doing all the things we did together [ 4 Answers ]

My wife has left me 6 weeks ago, now she doing all the things we did together with the bloke she left me for,why??

Wife selling my things while I am out of State. [ 2 Answers ]

My wife moved out of our house. I got stationed away from home for up to six months in Texas. I use up to 90% of my paycheck on bills, vehicle payments and the house. Because she does not have enough money left over from her paycheck, she is taking my things from the house to sell on...

Name some things that make your wife mad. [ 22 Answers ]

P.M.S. No sex Asks you to help and you say OK in a min. Ask if you are going to take the trash out and you say in a min. Hide her sex toys Don't tell her she looks lovely today Throw away her fav. Nail polish even though it's empty You takeing her last drink of wine Not talking to her...

Wife left has apt and now coming in and taking things [ 16 Answers ]

My wife has left me and wants a divorce. She now has an apartment and is coming in to the house and getting her belongings. Which I agree on her getting her personal things. However can she just come in get what she wants when I am not here? I am not sure if she will gather up everything and...

View more questions Search