Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mtessieri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 04:50 PM
    Harbor breeze ceiling fans
    I bought 3 harbor breeze overhead fans from Lowe's a few years ago for my garage and basement. I don’t know the model number, but they were the 52 inch low-end builders special model.

Last week during very hot weather, one of the fans in the garage was turning backwards. I had set it to blow down but it was blowing up. I checked the up/down switch and it was down. Also, the fan was not turning at its normal rpms It was definitely slower. When I pushed the up/down switch into the up position, the fan reversed and blew down, but again at a slower rate. Also, oddly, the fastest of the three positions on the pull chain was the second position instead of the first.

Two days later I noticed the second fan in the garage was doing the same thing. Same symptoms and results.

What caused this strange behavior and how can it be fixed? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 06:47 PM

They need new capacitors.

Ceiling Fan Capactors - Troubleshooting and Resources - Ceiling Fans 'N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

Someone wired a ceiling fan diret and went around the switch. I need to know how to make it go faster because it goes very slow.

Harbor Breeze ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

Got a ceiling fan with lights and the unit went dead. Have no owners manual.In the light unit there is a purple wire that is loose and I can't seem to find where to connect it. Also there is a black unit with 2 gray wires on one side and a red, a brown and that purple wire on the other side . There...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fans [ 3 Answers ]

;)Hello, I dropped te remote for my Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan. Do I have to have an electrician come to repair the unit or do I have to purchase another remote. The remote looks as though it is working but not sending messages. To the fan... please help...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fans [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Ceiling fan and when I turned it on I get no breeze even with the fan on High. I removed the little plastic tabs when I installed the blades . Would this have something to do with it or were they just for packing?

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fans [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 Harbor Breeze ceiling fans with remote controls. I cannot use the remotes to turn on the ceiling fans or lights, now. I can still turn the lights on with the pull chain, but the pull chain for the fan does not work, so I cannot change the speed. When I first bought the ceiling fans, the...

View more questions Search