Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loretta39 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 04:17 PM
    Why dose my riding mower stop running when it is on a hill
    My mower runs good till I have to mow the hill witch makes it lean to one side and then it stop and I have to run it with chock on till I get off the hill.. when its level it runs great... can some one please help me ?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 11:45 PM

Hi,
    Afraid on the little info provided, I am shooting a bit in the dark. My guess is that the float is not set correctly or something is restricting fuel flow into the carb.
    The effect of choking it draws more gas by increasing the vacuum exerted on the contents of the float bowl.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTF riding mower won't stay running [ 2 Answers ]

I have a MTD riding mower, that has a 13.5 Briggs and Straton engine. It will start for a few seconds than it dies. I replaced the fuel filter and fuel line. Does any one have any idea why.

Sears 13.5 hp riding mower just quit running . [ 1 Answers ]

While I was cutting the grass, my rider just quit running. The tank was full. When I went to re-start it, there was no clocking sounds at all. What do you think ?

Mtd riding mower will not stay running [ 1 Answers ]

The mower cold starts and runs fine for approx 15 minutes then suddenly shuts down and will not restart. Has gas, new air and fuel filters also. I am @ my wits end to solve this problem.::confused:

Riding mower quit running [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a used mower on Monday and on tues it just stopped running right in the middle of mowing. I bought it from a repair shop and they had did the usual tune up, spark plugs, all fluid changes and replaced a few things and the owner did not want to pay for it. So I got it. It fired up at the...

View more questions Search