Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1cjc Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 09:22 PM
    Slow washing machine drain
    My washing machine drain will overflow when doing laundry. I have already tried to snake it. An electric snake will not go through. But I can get a manual snake to pass. However, the drain still overflows. What can I do?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 19, 2006, 05:40 AM
    Did you snake from the washer roof vent? Take your power snake up there and put out enough snake to reach the base and 20 feet more. Flush the line out by cycling the washer. Good luck, Tom
    DixieL Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2007, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1cjc
    My washing machine drain will overflow when doing laundry. I have already tried to snake it. An electric snake will not go through. But I can get a manual snake to pass. However, the drain still overflows. What can I do?
    Over two years ago I purchased a new Kenmore washer with a drain overflow problem. The old washer (only 5 years old) drained fine. Our drain pipe was 2 inches. We thought it was a clogged drain, but it wasn't. We had to temporarily have the gray water exit through the window. Yesterday it dawned on me that the old washer drain hose had a hard plastic "U" where it went into the wall drain pipe; the new hose did not. I went to the store and purchased a new hose with a "U" in the end. Evidently, besides helping the hose stay in the drain pipe, the "U" slows down the waterflow. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine drain [ 5 Answers ]

The washing machine drain backs up and overflows. I replaced the washing machine drain pump thinking it may have been weak. Did not help. The drain starts at the kitchen sink then straight to the main where the washing machine y ties in. Sometimes if a sink full of water is released from kitchen it...

Washing Machine Drain [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a top-loading washer that drains into a utility sink, which I understand to be permitted by code. I was wondering if there is a permissible way to drain the washer under the utility sink (perhaps by having the washer discharge hose connect to the sink drain or by having a washer...

Installing Basement Shower Drain with Washing Machine Drain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi folks: I would like to install a shower that drains into the same drain as my washing machine. Right now the washing machine drain, 1-1/2" ABS, comes in horizontally about 12" above the concrete floor into a 1-1/2" Tee on a vertical pipe. From this Tee, the vent goes straight up to the...

Basement drain hole.can I drain washing machine with this? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all.. im new here.ive owned my home for about 5 years and I'm still learing... my current dilemna is that I want move my wsher and dryer to the basement.I think I know how to handle the hot and cold water plumbing but I don't know what to do about the drain... now my basement has a drain hole in...

Replace toilet drain with washing machine drain [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how I would go about taking a toilet drain and turning it into a drain for a washing machine.

View more questions Search