Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angloeire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 11:08 AM
    Where does dividends belong on the balance sheet.
    I am trying to get the balance to balance out. I have cash as 18,500, Supplies 8,000, equipment 40,000, accts receivable 10,000 (all assets). Liabilities and Stockholders equity is Accounts payable as 16,000, dividends 7,000, common stock 40,000, and Retained earnings at 27,500. But it doesn't balance. I am not in any class and I am trying to relearn what I was taught many years ago. Where is my logic flawed? To balance I would have to subtract dividends, but I am not sure if this correct. Does anyone see what I am not seeing?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2010, 09:26 PM

Dividends are NOT a Balance Sheet Item.

The belong to the Expenses side
    Of the Income Appropriation Statement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing is, re and balance sheet from Trial balance adjustement sheet [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to do my income statement, retained earnings and balance sheet from my adjusted trial balance sheet. I am confused from my book about the debits and credits. When I transfer them over from the adjusted sheet. Do they stay on the same sides. For example: assests will be on the...

Where do these accounts belong in a balance sheet? [ 2 Answers ]

Where do theses accounts belong in a balance sheet? Under liablities, assests or stockholder's equity? -Income taxes payable (I think current liabilities) -Income taxes expense -Interest Income -Common Stock

How to record partners'current acounts in the trial balance and balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Two persons started their own business with the amount of dhs 175000 paid by one of them who doesn't work in the company . And the other one work in the company as a general manger .Considering the money as a loan to be paid back to the partner within 18 months, when their first financial...

What accounts belong on a Trial Balance Worksheet? [ 1 Answers ]

These are the accounts I have used, as you can see my balances don't equal and after checking all the math, I'm convinced I must be using too many accounts. Can you tell me if I should be omitting any of these: Cash - Checking 1262 DR. Cash - Savings 3300 DR. A.R. - Bronson ...

View more questions Search