Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chloe3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 10:52 AM
    Colouring white hair brown without going green or brassy
    I have a client with very white hair. How can I colour her hair to a smokey colour or a brown colour without turning it green or brassy?
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Aug 12, 2010, 09:38 AM

You could try using Henna, you would get that in a health food shop if you ask the assistant she would know, you can get it in a few shades, its messy.You have to mix it into a paste and put it on with a tooth brush or similar its like cows muck to look at but it makes a persons hair really gleam and shine and its also got no chemicals in it. Also if for an elderly lady it will really condition her hair too.
    liveok Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2010, 02:53 PM

Use something with a red undertone. Advise the client that a warmer brown will be much more appealing then a ashy hue. Generally "mochas" or "chocolates" have some sort of red in their color formulation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair from blonde to brown turned green what do I do [ 14 Answers ]

I dyed my hair from a blonde to light brown but some parts only minimal parts turned green what can I do to correct that with out going to a salon please help:confused:

Blond hair to brown hair and green again [ 2 Answers ]

I've been dying my hair the lightest blond I can find for about 15 years. I wanted to get back to my original colour a dirty blond or light brown (it's been awhile). So I bought a brown dye and put it on. As it washes out it is looking a little green. Should I dye it the same colour again or...

After green stripped hair colour oops now brassy want a caramel help [ 2 Answers ]

Hair is stripped after green stuck with red want caramel brown no red please help

Tried dying hair brown and it came out with a hint of green [ 2 Answers ]

I am a true blonde, and I dyied my hair a litle brown... The box stated that it was a little natural brown (acorn). So I followed the box to the tee and my hair looks brown with green highlights. What can I do to get a quick fix. I have extremely healthy hair, but I am not sure what to do

My Hair turned from brown to brassy red! HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!. my hair turned from dark medium brown to shiny red!. ok here is what happened I wanted my hair a little lighter like light to dark brown so my girlfriend told me to get Born Blonde hair lightner, and it turned my hair BRIGHT ORANGE, so then I put the toner on it which was (dark blonde).. the...

View more questions Search