Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samm1985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 10:03 AM
    Is it right for a father and daughter to share a bed at any age
    I have been dating a girl only for a couple of months now, and she is 19years old, and I really like her a lot, and she likes me, but there is a problem, and I just don't know how to deal with it. I have talked to friends about it, and they all say its weird, and they would stay always, and not get involved, but I like her, and I don't often meet people I like enough to bother with. The problem is when she stays with her father, they sleep in the same bed, and it makes me feel all sorts of emotions, and men get aroused when they sleep, and she is a very attractive girl. The father also texts pictures' of himself, and is always calling her, I kind of feel am in some sort of competition with her father! What should I do? HELP 

*Edited for grammar and spelling*
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 10:17 AM

This is not correct for her to be doing this
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 11:10 AM

I keep my distance on this one, or at least get more facts. Where did you get your facts from, and why not just ask her?

is it right for a father and daughter to share a bed at any age
    Not at that age.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2010, 12:22 PM

Not at that age certainly! My daughter slept in my bed with me and my husband when she was little. But as they get to be 'kids' instead of 'small children' it starts pushing the limits, and certainly at puberty age its totally innapropriet
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2010, 12:50 PM

I would not stay away, but I would certainly be cautious. This is definitely not a normal or acceptable practice for a 19 yr old to sleep in the same bed with her father.

So I would explore the reasons behind this.

I also would like to know how you found out. If she told you, tell her you feel that's very unusual and see if you can find out more. Its possible this girl needs you to rescue her or maybe, she has lived this so long she doesn't know any better.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2010, 07:02 PM

Ask her.
    I frankly would like to know the answer.
    Say aren't you a bit old to be sharing a bed with your dad?
    What kind of pictures does he send?
    Where is the mom?
    Is she sexually permiscuous?
    It sounds a bit dodgy... May be a better friend than girlfriend...
    And I HOPE what we are all implying is not the case... I'd imagine they would hide it if so, but I can't say I know any other examples like that right now...
    Starry nights Posts: 213, Reputation: 104

Aug 2, 2010, 01:33 AM

Agree with Tal--too sensitive to give an opinion without having more facts.You could just be plain curious,as someone suggested,and ask her as if you were intrigued by this.See what she's got to say.Or alternately,ask her something like "Have you told your father about me/us?When are you thinking of introducing me to him",you know,in case you don't want to feel awkward about asking her the sleeping issue directly.

I don't have a very good feeling about this.Neither do you,am sure,which is why you're asking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter (age 22) and father hasn't spoken in a year. [ 11 Answers ]

I am writing to ask for help for my daughter and her father. I am divorced from her father and have remarried, as has her father. They have not spoken in a year. A year ago they had a heated talk and she said some things to him that he didn't want to here. She had allowed things to build up...

The age of father is twice the square of the age of his son. [ 1 Answers ]

The age of father is twice the square of the age of his son. Eight years hence, the age of the father will be 4 years more than three times the age of the son. Find present ages?

At what age leagally can my daughter aged 7 leave to live with her father [ 2 Answers ]

At what age can my daughter who is aged 7 leagally leave me her mum to live with her father

Maximum Age Brother and sisters can share a bedroom [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old daughter and a son who is about to turn 7 and they are sharing a bedroom. What is the maximum age limit that they can share a room being different sexes?

At what age does a puppy need a proper kennel with a bed in it [ 5 Answers ]

At what age does a puppy need a proper kennel with a bed in it>? Because I'm using a normal dog bed I purchased from the local pet store with some blankets and a toy I leave it to sleep and play on my veranda like that and at night I put the bed in a box where it can deposit left overs... and...

View more questions Search