Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ayirp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2010, 06:22 PM
    Sometime a teacher faces some unruly students.It becomes extremely difficult to teach
    I am a maths teacher .1 of my class is very unruly and does not obey at all .The problem is that all the students keep on talking to each other because of this there is a loud humming noise all the time.Parents have complained about it .Tell me some methods to deal with such class.do not tell to improve teaching ways because they are nit ready to listen what I am saying.
    Reply earliest... it is urgent!
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Jul 31, 2010, 07:17 PM

What age group is in your class?

Edit, in one of your other posts you said you are at school in class 9, and in another you say you are trying to choose which graduate course to do. I'm confused.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2010, 07:20 PM

Is this your first year of teaching?

Has the class always been quiet and listened to you, or is this something new?

Have you talked with the headmaster or principal about this?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ayirp View Post
    I am a maths teacher .1 of my class is very unruly and does not obey at all .The problem is that all the students keep on talking to each other because of this there is a loud humming noise all the time.Parents have complained abt it .Tell me some methods to deal with such class.do not tell to improve teaching ways because they are nit ready to listen what i am saying.
    reply earliest......it is urgent!!
    Hi, ayirp!

I too, am confused...

Is this a fictitious situation problem that you need to answer as part of a course that you're taking?

If all of the students keep talking to each other during class and parents have been complaining about it, then I would suggest you seriously looking at how you would be changing your methods of teaching.

No matter what the age is of students, a big part of teaching can be teaching the students how to be interested in what they need to learn and how to learn, not just teaching them what the course material is about.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mix faces software [ 2 Answers ]

I need a software.. I heard there's a software that can mix faces.. like for example, I use my picture and my wife's picture, and it will yield a picture of a child with my eyes, my wife's nose, my lips, her hair... please help.. I really need to download a software like that.. aside from morpheus...

Let's see some faces. [ 1 Answers ]

There was an earlier thread about why we chose our screen names. It allowed me to become better acquainted with my fellow posters. I like to SEE who I am debating or agreeing with so I challenge everyone to put their face by their name. So please, pretty please, with sugar on top.:)

A group of students and teacher being chased by men in masks? [ 3 Answers ]

An older movie, probably made in the 80's about a group of young students and teacher, being chased around the mountains by a group of men in masks? I do know that one of the men had a santa clause mask, and I think one of other the others was in a easter bunny mask.

Female Teacher who never marries and see all students grow into adults [ 2 Answers ]

It is the story of a girl who became a teacher when her father dies. She never marries. She takes care of this neglected student who later becomes a police officer. There is a scene in which she gets sick and two of her two old students carry her sitting in their hands along a street. When the...

The many faces of love! [ 17 Answers ]

This was written by me...hopefully it makes sense! Tell me what you guys think and if I should change anything about it. Thanks! When people think of love-they normally see nothing but good things. When in reality, love has many faces- they don't see all of the difficulties it can bring. ...

View more questions Search