Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jul 31, 2010, 01:11 PM
    Muslim prophecy
    I have heard that there is a Muslim prophecy that says that there will come a time when the sun will rise in the West.

What do you, as a Muslim think that means?
    1. Literally?
    2. That the West will see the light of Islam and convert?
    3. A leader who will expedite the cause of Islam?
    camaysar Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2010, 07:21 PM

Assalaamu Aleiqum,

I believe it means that the order of the world will be stood on its head on the Yaum ud-Din.

Aug 1, 2010, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by camaysar View Post
    Assalaamu Aleiqum,

I believe it means that the order of the world will be stood on its head on the Yaum ud-Din.
    Your answer is too enigmatic for me. I do not know what Yaum ud-Din is and it does not seem to answer the question I asked.

Anyone else out there?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2010, 02:59 PM

I believe (based on what my Muslims friends have told me) it is one of the prophesied signs of Qiyamah, the Last Judgment, the Last Day (Yaum ud-Din).

Aug 2, 2010, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I believe (based on what my Muslims friends have told me) it is one of the prophesied signs of Qiyamah, the Last Judgment, the Last Day (Yaum ud-Din).
    Thanks for the reply, WG. That clears up the Yaum ud-Din, but it still doesn't answer my question.

Anyone else out there?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 11:36 AM

From what I can find, it means literally (from crystalinks.com) --

The Final Signs of Qiyaamah (Islam)

The ground will cave in: one in the east, one in the west, and one in Hejaz, Saudi Arabia.

Fog or smoke will cover the skies for forty days.

The nonbelievers will fall unconscious, while Muslims will be ill (develop colds).

The skies will then clear up.

A night three nights long will follow the fog. It will occur in the month of Zil-Hajj after Eidul-Adha, and cause much restlessness among the people.

After the night of three nights, the following morning the sun will rise in the west.

People's repentance will not be accepted after this incident.

One day later, the Beast from the earth will miraculously emerge from Mount Safaa in Makkah, causing a split in the ground.

The beast will be able to talk to people and mark the faces of people, making the believers' faces glitter, and the nonbelievers' faces darkened.

A breeze from the south causes sores in the armpits of Muslims, which they will die of as a result.

The Ka'aba will be destroyed by non-Muslim African group.

Kufr will be rampant.

Haj will be discontinued.

The Qur'an will be lifted from the heart of the people, 30 years after the ruler Muquad's death.

The fire will follow people to Syria, after which it will stop.

Some years after the fire,

Qiyaamah begins with the Soor (trumpet) being blown.

The year is not known to any person.

Qiyaamah will come upon the worst of creation.

Aug 2, 2010, 12:25 PM

Again, thank you WG for your time.

I have heard that some Muslims subscribe to #3 in my op. I am wondering if this is so.

Obviously, the Sun can not rise in the West, because if the Earth reverses its directon of rotation, everyone is dead anyway.

I think the Muslims are expecting someone special to appear in the near future, and I want to know whether that is so or not.

Is firmbeliever out there?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2010, 12:37 PM
    Galveston,

I do believe it in the literal sense, that the sun changes its normal course and will rise in the opposite direction.

There are minor and major signs regarding the Hour, which is when Judgment begins and the sun rising from the opposite direction is one of them.

Edit: to Add
    This is believed the same way as the signs like the appearance of the Mahdi, emergence of the anti-Christ/Dajjal,descent of Isa(alaihi salaam) and the appearance of Yaujooj and Maujooj(Gog,Magog).All literally.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2010, 12:44 PM

I know in the KJV , it says "as the sun riseth in the east, so shall it be at the second coming of Christ"

Thanks Wg and FB I have learned something today and I thought I knew everything.:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a sunni muslim girl marry a mehdavi muslim [ 14 Answers ]

I am a sunni muslim and deeply in love with a mehdavi muslim but he is not sure weather his community will allow him to marry a sunni

Can a Bangalore muslim girl marry a kerala muslim guy? [ 4 Answers ]

Assalamualaikum... I am a muslim girl from bangalore and am in love with a kerala muslim guy,we both like each other and want to get married.my parents have no objections,his side all are agreeing including his mother and relatives except his father.his mother and rest all can't take a decision...

View more questions Search