Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TONYJOE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2010, 07:33 AM
    I was given an older mtd-gt-18-5-46 and need to know what type of oil to use in it
    I was given an older mtd-gt-18-5-46 and need to know what type of oil to use in it
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 31, 2010, 01:46 PM

Hi,
    If it is an opposed twin, which I gather it is, then it uses 30W oild of SG or better rating.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Information on Older Oil Please [ 0 Answers ]

I just picked this up and am wondering about era, style, etc. I can't find a signature anywhere. The frame it came in was hideous (not original). It measures 16"x 36". Any help would be very much appreciated. Once the link opens, you can click any photo to enlarge it. Picasa Web Albums -...

Older oil painting [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older oil painting, with some chips on it. It looks like a mexican scene it is signed at the bottom by Anthony Jankowski the name is spelled out and than the year 41 Is there any worth here? Large painting.

Older Type 1 Whirlpool Dryer Overheating [ 4 Answers ]

Have and older Whirlpool type 1 dryer that's overheating. The top gets red hot and it will shut off at the end of the cycle but it shouldn't get nearly THAT hot. Checked element for shorts by leaving the door open, set the timer on "Time setting" and checked the element - it's off. Pulled and...

Older MTD Rider Won't Start [ 5 Answers ]

I have an older MTD rider with a 12 hp B & S it was serviced at the end of last season and worked fine up till now. The mower started to crank then just stopped. It would only click when turning the key. I tried to jump but no go. I took the battery to be tested it was low but good so they charged...

View more questions Search