Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike2016 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2010, 02:14 AM
    Stuck with Merchant Cash Advance "Loan" and lots of debts, what should I do?
    I find myself in a very difficult situation, I need some help! My business has cost me nearly 100k in debt, I spent all my savings and maxed out my credit cards to keep it alive, now I am stuck with the following:

$30k of business line of credit, personal guaranteed (in settlement by lawyer)

$41k of remaining merchant cash advance (I took $50k, pay back $69k, 11% hold back daily)

Credit cards here and there about $20k (still paying min payments)

I really want to get rid of all these debts, and run the company (ecommerce) under my wife or one of my family member's name. Since the ecommerce site generates 90% of the revenue for the business, and it has no relationship with the corporation (different name).

Should I file for bankruptcy? I am most concerned about the merchant cash advance "loan"

The company is a s-corp but everything was guaranteed personally.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2016 View Post
    Should I file for bankruptcy? I am most concerned about the merchant cash advance "loan".... was guaranteed personally.
    Hello mike:

That, or pay it all back.

excon

Jul 31, 2010, 11:57 AM

Will the merchant cash advance be discharged under bk?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2010, 12:03 PM

The trouble is if you started mixing personal money, personal credit and business money and credit. You may have destroyed the protection of a corporation from having your personal assets from being liable.

Also if your online is "completely" separate how so, a corporation to itself, all funds and property separate ?

At some point one has to go out of business and start over

Jul 31, 2010, 12:19 PM

I had no choice but to start using personal credit, I figure since Corp credit had to be personal guaranteed anyway.

My online business has a different name than the corporation and none of the lenders know it.

So I should be able start over under a different name and continue the business?
    I have a domain of. Www.abc.com but my corporation is xxxxx development
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2016 View Post
    Should I file for bankruptcy? I am most concerned about the merchant cash advance "loan"

The company is a s-corp but everything was guaranteed personally.
    Hello again, m:

I now don't know WHO you're talking about. YOU going bankrupt or your corporation?? My answer is YOU, YES - CORPORATION, NO. You asked further if the cash advance can be discharged in YOUR bankruptcy, the answer is YES.

excon

Jul 31, 2010, 12:51 PM

In this case, both the Corp and personal. Since everything are personal guaranteed. If I bk only the Corp, the lenders will start going after me right?
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 01:47 PM

Hello m:

Yes, that's why you don't need to do both. If YOU declare bankruptcy and the corp lenders/creditors that can, DON'T jump on board, there won't be anything left for them get, either from the corporation, or from you. For those creditors who DON'T have a personal guarantee, that's just too bad for them. The corp doesn't need to go bankrupt. It just stops paying its bills and there ain't nothing those creditors can do. That's the risk they took when they granted the corporation credit and DIDN'T require a personal guarantee.

excon

Jul 31, 2010, 04:21 PM

The only creditors who did not require personal guarantee are suppliers, freight companies... But all the loans and especially merchant cash advance were personal guaranteed.

I want to stop paying the cash advance but I'm afraid the only choice I have is to go bk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will a felony stop me from receiving a "z" card or merchant mariners card? [ 2 Answers ]

I was convicted of burglary of an unoccupied conveyance (car) and grand larceny Less than $3000 and felony criminal mischief! I received pretrial intervention and this is my only offence ever! The terms to my pre trial is that when it is over, my case shows up as ajudication withheld. Will this...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

How do you record merchant cash advance? [ 3 Answers ]

My business took out a Cash Advance. To pay it out my credit card processing company automatically deducts 19% of MC/Visa daily sales. Let's say that I received $22,000 and the amount I have to pay back is $40,000. I created a liability account for the cash advance amount $40,000 and a receivable...

Probability of "Finger Lots" [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all! In my class we have a system of "lots" that the teacher uses to choose a student to do any number of things. Its works like this. Those interested join a circle and each extend one or 2 fingers. The teacher announces a number, usually between 5 and ten times the amount of students...

View more questions Search