Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unknown_owner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 06:46 PM
    Replacing a ceiling fan receiver
    I have a harbor breeze ceiling fan where the remote just stopped working to control the light and the fan. Now the light doesn't work using the pull chains but the fan works fine when using the on/off wall switch or the pull chains. Has the receiver gone bad in the ceiling fan? My wife went and got a new remote and receiver kit. Before I start taking apart the ceiling fan, where are the receivers normally located? The fan has a very skinny neck and then a "cover" that secures it to the ceiling. Doesn't look like the receiver is in either of these. Would the receiver be up in the ceiling or possibly within wide base that the fans attach to?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2010, 01:57 PM

Unscrew the 4? Screws holding the cover to the fan base at the ceiling. The receiver should be slipped in there. Make sure the battery in the transmitter is good. This can mimic a bad receiver.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 06:45 PM

Usually in the "ceiling cover". Open it, remove the receiver, wire the fan without it, see if everything works.

Ceiling Fan Wiring, Ceiling Fan Wiring Technical Help, Do it Yourself (DIY) - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace new ceiling fan receiver [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My hunter ceiling fan receiver is out. Now I want to replace a different brand receiver (I guess hunter fan doesn't make good receiver)but most of them doesn't have the reverse switch. Can I stilll buy it and make it work? I don't need the reverse function. By the way, the fan I have is...

How to replace the receiver in the ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Want to replace the receiver from the Hampton Bay ceiling fan. The fan is attached to a downrod. Do I need to separate the fan assembly from the downrod to get to the receiver?

Ceiling fan remote receiver test [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay ceiling fan with remote control that will not work. There is power to the fan. Is there a way to test the remote control receiver located in the fan or can it be bypassed?

Replacing electronic receiver in ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get into the Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan to replace the Electronic Recever? The light comes on by itself (remote control) and the dealer sent me a replacement 'electronic receiver' (LER-01) #154634.

Replacing Receiver on Hamton bay fan [ 2 Answers ]

How do I replace the receiver on a Hampton Bay Fan without pull chains?

View more questions Search