Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alga5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 05:21 PM
    Motion drive murray lawn mower
    I have a 1997 Murray 46" 18 hp riding mower i bought new. model #46258X6A. i had to replace a tire on it recently. so we put it on blocks, changed the tire, engaged the push position lever and rolled it off the blocks. i disengaged the push lever and now my mower will not move. you can hear the transmission trying to operate, but it just seems like it's still "stuck" in neutral. The drive belt is fine. It's not loose or broken. The pulleys for the belt also seem fine. The manual says do not add oil or any fluid to the tranny as it is a self contained unit. But, I'm still stuck with a mower that runs fine, it just will not drive. Any ideas?
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Jul 30, 2010, 07:08 PM

Many Murray riding mowers have a keyway between the axle and rim. Did you get it back in place when you reinstalled the wheel? If you are not sure watch the axle while someone is trying to get it to move. If the axle spins and the wheel doesn't move it is not in place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diagram for Drive Belt on a 42" murray riding lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a drive belt for my Murray 42" twin /c 17 hp. Model # 42505X42A (I think, it was hard to read). What I need is a diagram to replace it.

I need a diagram for murray lawn mower drive belt [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a drive belt for a murray lawn mower. I need a diagram to show how to route it model# 465306x8.

Murray Lawn Mower and changing drive belt [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to "easily" change/replace the drive belt on a Murray Lawn Tractor? Model # 425003X8 Thankx!

Murray Riding Lawn Mower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys.. When I crank my mower... it turns over but will not actually crank. I should start by saying that I did a "no-no". I had a weak battery and several times used my car to start (jump off) the lawn mower.. Since then I have gotten a new battery, but now it won't crank. I noticed smoke...

View more questions Search