Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2010, 05:05 PM
    Removing Veins?
    My (34 year old) exwife says she neads a medical procedure that consists of removinig viens from her legs that are putting her circulatory system at risk. Iīve never heard of this. Is it true?
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 30, 2010, 05:10 PM

Yes, there is surgery for that. It is usually done for varicose veins. But since you cannot provide much information, I do not know what your ex wife is going to have done or why.

But if you think she was just blowing smoke in your face - there is a real surgery for removing veins.

Vein ligation and stripping

HOWEVER do not take this to mean that I believe this is what your ex wife has. It is just food for thought. Ask her!
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Jul 31, 2010, 02:35 PM

Ok thank you for the response and the link. I donīt doubt itīs valid but it surprises me that some one that age would need such a thing.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2010, 02:40 PM

It depends on the situation. Did she give you a name of the condition she is experiencing? Has she had issues with blood clots? Numbness? Discoloration? Leg ulcers?

Sometimes it can be discomfort, but not necessarily a true health concern.
    Nickol32 Posts: 116, Reputation: 10

Aug 3, 2010, 10:50 AM

First time I hear such thing..
    Wow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue veins [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I'm new to this but am amazed at the fact I'm not the only one with this exact problem I'm a 21 year old girl and since I was about 13 I started to notice these really blue veins around my eyes just last night my friend turned around and said he thought I had a black eye but was just my veins. ...

Veins under eyes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a guy, and although I'm not overly bothered about my appearance, recently people have been remarking on the veins under my eyes, (they're not dark circles, just quite prominent veins.) I was just wondering if there's any way I can get rid of them, i.e. lasered and how much that would cost...

Spider Veins! [ 2 Answers ]

All right, so I'm a 17 year old female probably a good 20-25 pounds overweight. (I'm addressing that by the way, going to start working out Tuesday!) Here's the deal though, I'm not, morbidly obese, yet I have several spots of spider veins on my thighs. I feel as if I am developing these...

Veins [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, it all started in the summer when I had extreme stress levels. I've been to the optician but she said there was nothing wrong. However, veins are now prominent in both my eyes when they never used to be; they appeared one morning when I woke up in the summer. Also, I get little black spots...

Veins in Hands [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Recently I've noticed that the veins in both of my hands are acting up. I can see them much easier than before and they seem to be pushing up on the skin somewhat. Similar to veins on someone who's totally ripped, but trust me I can assure you I'm not ripped. Anyway, I'm 17, and I was just...

View more questions Search