Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrtwistert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Hunter fans don't run with remote or chain. Lite works OK
    Hunter fans do not work with remotes or chains. Battery OK, lite works fine on chain and remote
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 06:53 PM

Remove the receiver, wire the fan without it, see if it works from the pullchains.

Ceiling Fan Wiring, Ceiling Fan Wiring Technical Help, Do it Yourself (DIY) - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan stopped working with remote/pull chain; light still works with pull chain. [ 1 Answers ]

Hampton Bay Tahiti Breeze with light kit, Model 344 476; remote control, model UC7083T; & pull chains. Fan/light worked till last night; now fan does not work either way. Light works with chain. Checked electrical switches; okay. Tried replacing battery in remote, but no difference. Try to...

Hunter ceiling fan with remote only: light works but the fan doesn't. [ 0 Answers ]

My mom's house has a Hunter ceiling fan, (I don't know the model #), that has 4 lights and fan. It operates with a remote only. The remote will work the lights, but not the fan. When I press the fan button on the remote, I can hear a click in the fan motor, but the fan doesn't turn. Any ideas?

Hunter Stafford fan, Hunter remote 27157 and two wall switches [ 3 Answers ]

From the ceiling is a tan, a red, a black and a ground that go to two switches on the wall. The fan has a black, a black with white, a ground and a white. The remote has a black, a red, two whites and a black with white stripe. Which do you connect to which? Thanks.

Lites work, fan will not run either remote, wall or pull chain [ 1 Answers ]

I have two Hampton Bay ceiling fans. Both have power and the lites work. The fans just stopped turning within a couple months of each other. The fans will not operate either auto or manually with the pull chain. There seems to be a common problem with both fans.

Hunter fan w/ light & reversing switch on remote, remote not working properly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Hunter fan with light and remote control, with reversible switch on the remote. RC was working fine until recently, and now, the fan will not turn off with it. I do not have a wall switch. The light works fine with RC, and the reversing also works, so does the fan speed. So, what...

View more questions Search