Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 11, 2010, 09:22 AM

Be prepared, and ready for what ever this loony comes up with. The idea is to deal with whatever life throws at you, whether it makes sense, or not. Your doing the right things for yourself now, and I don't doubt that will continue.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2010, 09:24 AM

Hopefully if you keep ignoring her, she'll give up. If not, think about changing the number again and telling your friends not to pass it on to her. I think she is in a panic because you are leaving soon, and she will most likely give up once you are gone. She mostly sounds young and immature.

8 more days...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2010, 09:46 AM

I'd change the number again as well. Only give it out to those you really trust not to share it with her.
    Spiegel27 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 08:35 PM

Okay straight up I am embarrassed to ask this question after all the hard advice you all gave me. I may of F***ed up but it got to the point where she started to drive to my house... I know this for a fact due to one of her friends. I ended up calling her and telling her she needs to cut the crap and turn back home. We ended up talking for 2 hours and I don't know if I gave in and became a weak *** *****. She straight up admitted everything she did and why it was wrong and that she was truly sorry.. Regardless I am still going to California in 6 days and doing my own thing. She wants to remain in touch as "friends" but I told her she would have to prove to me she can be my friend without lying and pulling the crap she pulled to me. So when I hung up she turned back home and we seem to be civil. Now first of all did I F*** up big time? I honestly don't think I could have handled seeing her in person.. My gut tells me right now she is going to pull the same crap again. When she has plans she wants nothing to do with me, but when she's sitting around bored and home she wants to talk my brains out. She is displaying that AGAIN by going out tonight and I sent a simple little text and got no response LOL. Suggestions, comments, insults to me are appreciated lol tell me straight up what needs to be done, thanks.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2010, 08:57 PM

Leave her alone. NC. Complete NC.

Start your new life without all the baggage.
    aimee_tt Posts: 340, Reputation: 143

Aug 12, 2010, 09:27 PM

Personally I would have let her show up. Left her out side the house. If she made a racket if day shut up or I'm calling the police. Through a closed door. But how do you kniow that's not just a lie and the friend was in on it?

Don't trust her. Don't talk to her. You will be far away soon... with many new girls around you. You will forget her in a flash!
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2010, 10:27 PM

Didn't we all say block her? Whoops...

"Regardless I am still going to California in 6 days and doing my own thing."

Then do it.

First order business is to get it together. Learn who you are before you get with anyone else.

Try listening. To your gut, not otherwise.

Good lesson.

It takes two.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 13, 2010, 07:36 AM

You're loving this and you know it. You always seem to know what's she's doing and when.
    It's contact and attention from her.

All of this will stop when you are ready for it to stop.
    Spiegel27 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 10:48 AM

I agree with you all, it pisses me off I break down and got weak for this woman AGAIN especially since she treated me like such crap.. You think the best thing for myself even though we "made good" you can call it under a few conditions (that she probably won't keep as usual) is to just go back to cutting her off. Ignoring her texts, ignoring her calls? I should just change all my numbers and everything for good and block her so I never will be tempted again? I can't believe I broke down after 3 weeks of doing so damn good! It's that false hope of getting back together with her in the future that makes me weak, but why would I even want to the way she treated me? Why even be her friend? Cut her off 100% forever agreed? I need a good blunt smack in the face comment to wake up.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2010, 11:36 AM
    Lol, man, what a thread.

This girl is histrionic, she'll do anything for attention.

People like these can go batsh*t crazy at the drop of a hat. Don't hesitate to get a restraining order if she continues.
    lifeistough75 Posts: 56, Reputation: 29

Aug 13, 2010, 11:39 AM

The biggest problem here is not her, but you! I totally agree with homegirl, all these drama, and you are loving it. Let's be honest, not with us, but with YOURSELF! You either love the drama, or still want her in your life, that is why you keep doing it, yet you pretend here like she is terrible, etc. Deep down you want her. Come on dude, we are not little kids.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2010, 03:44 PM

BLOCK HER! You have said it yourself that you don't believe she will make the changes she says she will, so why even entertain the idea of getting back together?

Commit to getting yourself settled in California. You have a brand new start, a clean slate. As was mentioned before, figure out what you want in a relationship and don't settle for anything less when you are settled and ready to dive back in.

For now, focus on spending time with family and friends to kill the time until you leave. Go see some things in the area that you live; play tourist before you move.

In the future, you might remain on friendly terms, but odds are you won't and you will use this as a learning experience so that when you meet someone new, this one will simply be a memory of what you don't want in a partner.
    smilinalittle Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2010, 03:15 PM
    Dude, I'm going through the same thing. I get nasty hurtfull texts, drunk calls threatening to hurt me if she sees me out in public, tells me very similar things that you wrote in your question. They must be related. I spent 2 years going back and forth with the lies and abuse. She is very controlling and manipulative. My feeling is she probably has an undiagnosed personality disorder (ie Bpd). Either way, it doesn't get any better. If she is drinking now, she will drink more in the future. My ex won't ever admit she has a drinking problem. It's everyone elses' fault... she changes reality to suit her reality - which is a faulty one. Don't respond, she wants drama, she wants attention - regardless of it being positive or negative. She has faulty wiring. Normal people don't behave like this - they don't put you down if they love you. She will do this to whomever she is with. Insecurity and abandonment issues are at her core. Ignore her, don't respond. I wouldn't erase the messages... I keep mine just in case something drastic happens and you need proof of her behavior. There are abusive people out there... and they aren't all men. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I handle an Emotionally Unstable Girlfriend? [ 11 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I need all the input I can get on this one.. My girlfriend of 5 years has emotional issues. She is 27 and I am 29. We've been on a roller coster for the last 5 years and just many things have happen... recently to save a lot of your time, she is on probation for a DUI and this is...

Girlfriend of 3 years drops horrible bomb today - how do I handle it [ 8 Answers ]

We have been together for 3 years and have had a GREAT relationship. Both divorced with 2 boys and her ex lives about 6 hours away, but they always seem to work put making sure he gets his time even though he left her for another woman when her youngest was ONE month old and moved away. Needless...

Girlfriend texting other guy [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I've been with my girlfriend for over 3 years I completely love her,she says she loves me and I'm seriously considering proposing to her in the near future. She just got back from her holidays and she's been texting this guy that she met over there. They text each other all day, The other day...

I can't handle my girlfriend! [ 26 Answers ]

Hi , I was wondering if I could get some advice, I'm to embaressed to talk to anyone but my girlfriend about it... I can not handle my girlfriend , she is gorgeous and so many guys want her , I can't handle the she wears , and the type of girl she is... I have severe trust issues... and she says...

Me and my girlfriend of 3 years ended are relationship now she's texting me [ 2 Answers ]

Hi well I was with my girlf for 3yrz I was 17 and she was 15.. Iam now 20 going on 21 and she turned 19.. She works away I when we split up before for abit we just enjoyed are selfs going out drinking an partyin as we were over 18years old when then did get back together but while me split we did...

View more questions Search