Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyoffourandttc Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jul 29, 2010, 10:58 PM
    Starting provera
    Has anyone had success conceiving after taking 1 round of chlomid? My DH and I have been trying for quite some time now he had his vasectomy reversed and his count came back perfect, so I'm thinking it me but I have had 4 kids all very easily and all unplanned. So I was late on my cycle this month and last month so I went to the dr yesterday and she put me on provera 10mg which I took one this afternoon and have already spotted so should be anytime now!! YAY and on cd 3 I will start the 50mg chlomid for 5 days,its my first try and first round , so I'm not sure as to what is coming. I am needing some good feedback and support while going through this has anyone conceived on 1st round? Has anyone had multiples cause I heard that is very poss especially if you start the chlomid on day 3 as a pose to day 5??
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2010, 05:31 AM

Are you seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist?

Taking Clomid CD3-5 increase the number of eggs your ovaries will then gear up to release, it is commonly prescribed CD3-5 for women that do not ovulate on their own.

If a women ovulates every month on her own but is having trouble getting pregnant, then usually Clomid will be prescribed CD5-9 because it will help produce a better quality egg.

While there is success after some women just do one cycle of Clomid, there are just as many women that have no success.

I personally did 6 rounds of Clomid with my OBGYN and didn't ovulate at all, on any dose from 50mg to 150mg. I was then referred to my RE (reproductive endocrinologist) where other underlying issues were present. Through treatment, I finally started to ovulate on the Clomid but still didn't get pregnant.

So really no one can say for sure whether one cycle of Clomid will allow you to get pregnant or not.

Of course, with taking any type of fertility medications, it increases the chance of multiples, but although increased, the rate of multiples with Clomid is still very low.

Good luck!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2010, 05:40 AM

Did your doctor actually test to determine whether you were ovulating? As macksmom said, some women may fall pregnant first round, but it is not uncommon to require several, and to have the dosage altered as well at some point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I need to take provera again after Clomid? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, my husband and I are trying to conceive our second child and my periods are very irregular since quitting birth control over 2 years ago. I took Provera to induce my period which started on March 1st 2009. I started Clomid on March 5th -March 9th. I am still waiting to see if I could be...

Provera [ 3 Answers ]

I went to the doctor on Friday (it's a new doc for me). They did a urine test but no blood test and said I'm not pregnant. He put me on Provera for 7 days to get my cycle going again (7weeks late). He said that if I don't start in 7 days I could still be pregnant, and that taking Provera would be...

View more questions Search