Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

Jul 29, 2010, 09:10 PM
    Prenatal vitamins and/or Women's One-A-Day?
    Just a quick question :)

If I normally take a women's one-a-day vitamin and I decide to start taking prenatal vitamins, are they basically the same thing?

Should only take one OR the other? Can/should you take both?

bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 29, 2010, 10:53 PM

I would stick with the pre-natal vitamins. No need to take both, that would be an overload. The pre-natal vitamins are specifically designed for the mom-to-be. One-A-Day is not.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2010, 05:51 AM

If trying to conceive, the biggest factor is the amount of folic acid. One-a-day has 400 mcg... which is the minimum you would want while trying to conceive. Most prenatals will give you a substantial amount more. During pregnancy you would want the higher amount as well.

As bleusong said, don't do both... more than you need for several of the vitamins.
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

Jul 30, 2010, 03:43 PM

Ok thank you guys :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 30, 2010, 03:44 PM

I take the prenatals daily even though I am in my late 40s and will never have another child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which prenatal vitamins are the best [ 5 Answers ]

I went in cvs for prenatal vitamins and it was so many I could not decide which one to by, please help, which prenatal vitamins are the best, I mean which company's prenatal vitamins are the best

Prenatal vitamins [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... my mother has been taking prenatal vitamins for about a month or two... she is not pregnant but her doctor said it's a good vitamin to take.. she is 44 or 45 years old... and as time went on with her taking them she stopped getting her period... and she has been getting chest pains... she...

Prenatal vitamins [ 1 Answers ]

I bought prenatal vitamins. Does this helps me get pregnant faster? what can I do if this is not working? I want to get pregnant before the year ends..

Prenatal vitamins-am I normal? [ 6 Answers ]

I bought the prenatal vitamins from the out of the counter regular store 2 weeks ago. Ive been taking it every morning since the day 1, up until this past weekend, I'm starting to have a real bad headaches, that's all. Then today is Monday, I still have really bad headaches even worse than this...

View more questions Search