Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SceneQueen Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2010, 08:42 PM
    Does Deoxyarbutin work
    Does Deoxyarbutin work? I really would like to try it
    samirch99 Posts: 25, Reputation: -1

Aug 23, 2010, 10:46 PM

Yes Deoxyarbutin does work but is recently patented and thus over-priced.

More economical and effective novel depigmenting arbutins include:

Benzyl-a-D-glucopyranoside
    Dimethoxyarbutin

In my case I went from dark brown to pale olive, gradually.

clueless2008 Posts: 135, Reputation: 18

Aug 24, 2010, 08:32 AM

Sam, really? Cause years back when you were selling Benzyl arbutin, you said THAT was what caused your gradual lightening.
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Aug 24, 2010, 01:23 PM

I have never heard of it. Clueless you have one good memory :P

Aug 24, 2010, 08:08 PM

I do, Sunshine, cause Sam said the same thing when he was promoting BA and when I saw these same pics, I fell for it.

Aug 25, 2010, 11:58 AM

Google "Deoxyarbutin".

"Deoxyarbutin is:

350 times more effective than arbutin

150 times more effective than kojic acid

10 times more effective than hydroquinone (without being toxic or irritating to the skin).

I've written to the patent holders last month, and they replied that they will pass on the word that there is a high demand for this ingredient. Another member has also been active keeping up with the company Grindus. The ingredient has been released into a cosmetic product, but not a lightening one - an antiaging one. Elizabeth Arden along with Allergan have come out with an improved version of Prevage. Their key ingredient is idebenone .5%, and deoxyarbutin is pretty much to the lower middle of the list, so I don't know if it's worth the $100+ pricetag to get just a little bit of the deoxyarbutin.
    For skin lightening, they plan to market the products in China first by California Phar-Med, Inc.

You can see the research on guniea pig model here:
    http://www.girindus.com/downloads/vi...lite_flyer.pdf

Other links:
    Cubosome Technology will Benefit Premature Babies, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center"

Aug 25, 2010, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless2008 View Post
    Sam, really?? Cause years back when you were selling Benzyl arbutin, you said THAT was what caused your gradual lightening.
    Words in my mouth? Whoever you are? (You don't have a face?)

Aug 26, 2010, 06:17 AM

Whatever, Sam! You had that same picture and you were selling BA. You do remember BA don't you. Whatever happened with BA anyway. I thought that it used to be so good... now out of the blue comes DA.

Aug 26, 2010, 06:21 AM

I spent lots of money on your Benzyl Arbutin that was supposedly the best stuff on the market. I had NO RESULTS! I'm upset that you are now promoting some new and FAKE product using that same picture that you fooled me with. You should be ashamed. There are people on this site who are desperate and looking for real solutions.

Aug 26, 2010, 06:23 AM

I will say this again. People don't fall for this Sam's scams. Don't Google anything. Go straight to a Dermatologist or Doctor and ask them if they have heard any research or skin lightener called Deoxyarbutin.
    Lasyainc Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Deoxyarbutin is now available for purchasein a 3% cream.

Www.Lasyainc.com
    michaeljr Posts: 89, Reputation: 3

Jan 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
    Expensive! But worth a shot for those who haven't yet tried Deoxyarbutin/GirLite. Pure Deoxyarbutin 5% cream from Duke University research supply, didn't have any lightening effect for me :(

Sam, really? Cause years back when you were selling Benzyl arbutin, you said THAT was what caused your gradual lightening.
    Did anyone realize Benzyl-a-D-glucopyranoside IS Benzylarbutin?

Jan 16, 2012, 08:17 PM
    The price is for a one month supply, intended for face, neck and chest, up to 2 applications per day. The safety and efficacy profile is strong. It is a very tricky compound with which to formulate, so if it's not correct, it won't be effective. It is also very expensive to use in a cosmetic product.
    ver0nica Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2012, 01:37 AM
    Whatever, Sam! You had that same picture and you were selling BA. You do remember BA don't you. Whatever happened with BA anyways. I thought that it used to be so good....now out of the blue comes DA.
    So is DeoxyArbitn SAM's new SCAM?

I would try it but it's just too expensive. On the Vasya website it looks like they shrunk and blurred the price

Just enough so we can't see that it says 25 gram which is less than an ounce for $100. Why so greedy?

Especially if they have a rep on forums like SCT and AMHD how "breakthrough" can it really be.

I don't mean to take it out on Vasya, it just seems Clueless is far from "Clueless" about sam's past scams...

Should just spit it out instead of had disappeared.

And I guess I have been traumatized by so many scam sellers on AMHD :(

Jan 19, 2012, 07:21 AM
    Sorry you feel that way. I know how many scams there are out there. Lasya (not Vasya) is a valid company, however. And, the image on the website is not meant to be blurred, it is just an artistic representation of the bottle.
    It sells for 94.50 for 0.85 ounces, and is intended for a month's supply for the face, neck, and chest area. The problem is that dA is extremely expensive to use in a formulation.

If you don't mind a "not labeled for retail sale" sticker on the bottle, I can send you a sample. Results take about a month to take effect, however, so keep that in mind. You can use the contact us button on the webpage so you don't have to post it here.

(And, this is meant for Veronica, not the whole board, I really just hate when people get burned by scams, when Lasya, Inc. is attempting to be ethical and responsible.)

Jan 19, 2012, 07:47 AM
    And, I completely agree with Clueless. Ask a dermatologist before taking any internet advice.
    ver0nica Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2012, 10:54 PM
    I could swear I saw 25 grams, is that what .85 ounce equals? Anyway, thanks I am glad you are a legit new company and look forward to the sample for an honest fair appreciative review. I have submitted my name and address on your Contact Us form.
    You'll know it's me because my first name starts with the same letter as the street I live on ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legalities of neighbors to turn my water off to work in their home/cut walls to work? [ 9 Answers ]

My downstairs neighbor moved in 2 years ago. It seems like they don't realize we live in a 2 story condo not a custom home. One top another bottom. There are other questions I wish to ask as well. But first the male occupant is a handy man and has been doing lots of modifications to his home since...

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search