Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilldarlin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 07:37 PM
    How do you find the sereal number on a yard king rideing mower
    I have a yard king riding mower, with a 36" deck 18 hp. Can't find serial number or what size belt it needs. Can someone please help?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 30, 2010, 08:58 AM
    Hi,
    Yard King was Murray's idea of a step-up line. Supposedly a bit heavier duty and more durable; as a general rule they were. Two 36" decks existed; one with two belts(early) and one with one(late.)
    As a general rule the model number(it will end in "x89") is on a tag on the rear frame or under the seat with a date code. Most did not have a serial number. If you will provide the model, type and code numbers off the engine, I may be able to get you the parts breakdown.
    Anyway here are both 36" decks:
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yard King mower [ 12 Answers ]

We have a Yard King riding mower. Last week my husband told our grandson that he could mow over this small tree stump that was sticking up... about an inch in diameter. Needless to say, he couldn't. :) When he started to do it, the deck hit and the lawnmower died. They couldn't get it to...

I have a Yard King Mower 43700x89 Serial # s001028730037 4WS 43 inch mower deck e [ 0 Answers ]

looking for a hydraulic pump drive system for a 1957 John Deere 420 agriculture bucket & digger part # au14220u coupling flexible ( hub ?) x8159cu shaft, pump drive

Where can I find an owner's manual for a Yard King riding mower, Model C3913000 [ 0 Answers ]

Where can I find an owner's manual for a Yard King 12.5/39 Riding Lawn Mower? The Model No. is C3913000.

I have a Yard King Mower 43700x89 Serial # s001028730037 4WS 43 inch mower deck e [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tardking 43" rieing mower 43700x89 s00102870037 AWS I understand it was a venture between Murray & MTD I am in dire need of a new mower deck shell. I have tried all the usual channels. Could you help me. I have the parts book mccl1998

Yard King Mower [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has an older model Yard King Mower made by Murray. It is model #50561X89. Does anyone know where parts can be found?? The mower is in excellent shape but needs a couple of things replaced. Thanks, Tamara

View more questions Search