Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foolfogolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 05:23 PM
    How do the fuel lines hook up to the fuel pump on a Craftsman DYT 4000 lawn mower?
    The fuel pump has three ports. Two of them next to each other and I need to know which line goes where.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 30, 2010, 09:43 AM
    Hi,
    I put up a picture of the most common pump use now. I is a plastic-bodied Mikuni used on many makes.
    The line with no arrow attaches to the fuel source(tank), the solid arrow to the engine for vacuum to make the pump work and the dashed arrow connects to the carb.
    If you have a metal-bodied pump, the concept is the same.
    Often there arrows on the pump itself identifying in or out; vacuum is unmarked.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman DYT 4000 [ 2 Answers ]

Oil spits out of fuel pump screen

Fuel pump location on craftsman 18.5hp riding lawn mower [ 5 Answers ]

I have the above listed riding lawn mower (just purchased) and was told it needs a fuel pump. Would anyone know where the fuel pump is located on this? I looked and traced the fuel hoses, but can't seem to find anything that resembles the replacement fuel pump I have. The model number is...

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Lawn mower fuel pump [ 1 Answers ]

Is an electric fuel pump available to replace the diaphram pump on a 12.5 b&s engine?

View more questions Search